RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug with latest UO Patch

happymarc

Squire
Hey everyone i've been having a Weird Bug lately since I patched my UO installation to that latest patch... Can anyone give me some advice on why or how to solve the following bug?

* In front of New Haven's Bank, If I walk a character to the Stairs of the bank, for some reason my character falls bellow the ground level and from there can't move... I've noticed that around New Haven it happens at a couple of spots near the center of Town.... Anybody knows what's up?

Thanks in advance Guyz, I don't know what to do with that!

Hammerhand

Knight
They changed from .mul to .uop for the art with the latest (7.0.24.5 or somewhere around there). The only solution I'm aware of is to uninstall & reinstall your patches and stop just before there. I think its 7.0.23.1 or so for the last stable patch that works with RunUO servers.

sabain

Traveler
I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall UO and was waiting to see if I could stop the patch prior to the newer ones. One of the first files downloaded is a .uop dictionary.... can we put this into laymans terms so a returning player can understand how and what to do to prevent this?

Greg Tampa

Wanderer
appeartly this is the thread:) i'm having the same issue...
wish there was a fix.. or a code revision..asked on IRC was a ghost town in there no one anwsered...
all the documentation and "Pinned" threads are so out of date on the runuo forums its not even funny.
wish there was a central location to get all the info needed for anything new.. most of the stuff is from 2002...
I will be investigating the issue and trying to solve it. If anyone has any updates please contact me so i dont waste my time.

Greg Tampa

Wanderer
appeartly the new patch renamed map0.mul and others to this: map0LegacyMUL.uop so maby making a copy and naming the copy back to the orginal then run the runuo.exe (restart server) should fix the issue? will test 2marrow getting some sleep...

Greg Tampa

Wanderer
ok i solved the problem... loaded the runuo server which is pointing to the directory where i have the mapX.mul files which i renamed from the .uop and removed the "LegacyMUL" name of them... then started up the server then client as normal and fixed!
hope this helps

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
The mapxLegacyMUL.uop files are not simple renames of the old mapx.mul files. They are contained in a new file format, and you will need an up-to-date RunUO version to handle them properly. Initial support for this new format was finalized in revision 852 and supports clients up to 7.0.25.0.

The new UOP file format introduced in client 7.0.25.7 is also supported, as of today, in revision 884.

Simply make a checkout of the SVN repository to get the latest version, and RunUO will work with the new files. :)

Greg Tampa

Wanderer
aight ill try it... i already solved the issue so no buggy, might want to recompile and make a new link on the home page of runuo for the download.... just saying..
Eos there a way that i can communicate with you off the forums please advise let me know how..

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
Once this new UOP support proves to be stable for everyone, I'll see what I can do about getting a new set of binaries up on the website.

If you want to contact me off the forums, I can usually be found on the RunUO IRC network (irc.runuo.com), in the Demise channel (#demise-tavern). Sending me a private message will also work. My nickname on there is Eos.

I am as green as you can get when it comes to coding and working with files. I had help getting my server running but had to do all the foot work to get it online. I have read all the post and know now that this is issue with falling under the map is not just with me but others as well. My question is to anyone that can help is how do I do what Eos said to do with the file fix. I have the up to date runuo and clinet patch or I should say its version 7.0.25.7 and runuo was just installed like last week.

Thanks for any help you give

koluch

Sorceror
Im in the same boat.
I have the latest SVN 887, new core compiled and showed it supported the uop files, so though it was time to patch and get rid of the snow.
Not patch all the way.
Well..whether you use and patch your current game OR get the new download from UO, it patches you with no option to cancel all the way to 7.0.26.4 :(

Found one main issue off the bat, the area around the champion spawn in Despise is buggered up and players and creatures get stuck falling through, so dont know what to do about that.
Just hoping a fix for reading the UOP files for that patch level will be added soon.

Koluch

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Im in the same boat.
I have the latest SVN 887, new core compiled and showed it supported the uop files...
Found one main issue off the bat, the area around the champion spawn in Despise is buggered up and players and creatures get stuck falling through, so dont know what to do about that.
Just hoping a fix for reading the UOP files for that patch level will be added soon.

Koluch

Where around the despise champ exactly? I have the latest client, and SVN887, and I just ran all around where the champ altar in despise is, and didn't fall through any floors, and I even added a whole ton of mongbats all over the place, and none of them are falling through the floor or anything.

Are you sure your RunUO build is pointing to the correct client files? Just a thought, no offense intended or anything, just weird that it would behave differently for you.

koluch

Sorceror
Where around the despise champ exactly? I have the latest client, and SVN887, and I just ran all around where the champ altar in despise is, and didn't fall through any floors, and I even added a whole ton of mongbats all over the place, and none of them are falling through the floor or anything.

Are you sure your RunUO build is pointing to the correct client files? Just a thought, no offense intended or anything, just weird that it would behave differently for you.
Its right at the champ altar on the south bridge area that leads to the center island.
Checked my core files and did another build, still there.
I am patched to 7.26.4 SVN 887.

koluch

Sorceror
Its right at the champ altar on the south bridge area that leads to the center island.
Checked my core files and did another build, still there.
I am patched to 7.26.4 SVN 887.
Here is a picture o the issue.

The targeted spot was on the land bridge in front of me. You can see the z lvl is 10, Im on z 47. The tile says impassable, you just fall through under and get stuck.
Perhaps the patch lvl at 7.0.26.4????

Thoughts?

Arvoreen

Sorceror
That is so strange, I don't have any holes on that bridge, ran up/down the whole length of it and it's all even, I even targetted the same spot at 5571, 823, but the Z was at 45 on my map. I haven't installed any spawner packages or anything, haven't setup the world, it's all just stock runuo (from SVN), could that make a difference? Also running Windows XP. My UO login screen says 7.0.26.4 (Patch 66).

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
Have you recompiled the core after updating to SVN 887? This is something the old core would do, before it was patched for the v5 UOP files.