RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built-int IRC Server

Dipset

Wanderer
Built-int IRC Server

what about a built in irc server? and it would show all the text ingame, like the chat room in UO but it would all be sysmessage

or would this be possible with scripts

Spooky

Wanderer
IRC

Use an IRC server dont bog the server down with this please.

To include this will be the need to harden runUO against IRC attacks.

If anyone has ideas about creating a server and offering IRC there are plenty of IRC server software packages that have been hardened already against the common IRC attacks.

zero

Not Nice
I say just have it send them to irc.coldfront.net lol
Or whatever server the admin wants...

R

Rainman

I duno if you mean like an addon (when you click Chat on the paper doll) or built into chat when you talk\emote etc.. (journal).

Cool idea for paper doll chat, and if its an addon it should be easy to avoid IRC attacks.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
What is wrong with simply using the middle-man approach like Knives Chat does? It connects to a listed irc network/channel and relays text back and forth. I don't see the point or the need for building a full blown irc server into the emulator.