RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C# Compiler

bacaw

Sorceror
C# Compiler

Im lookin for a C# compiler and cant seem to find anything that doesnt require you to download a whole system :S any links or anything would be helpful! Thanks!

Jeff

Lord
bacaw said:
Im lookin for a C# compiler and cant seem to find anything that doesnt require you to download a whole system :S any links or anything would be helpful! Thanks!
csc.exe comes with .Net SDk but it sucks to use, the only easy ones to use are the ones with the systems. i woudl just get #develop from www.icsharpcode.com

Kamron

Knight
SharpDevelop, Visual Studio, and all other studio and compiler based programs use CSC.exe themself. So if you know how to use it, you should be fine.

For some reason I could never get csc.exe to work, sooooo .... I built my own very simple compiler( yes it works, yes i use it ) using some things I learned from the runuo core. In the long run using visual C# Express or visual studio will pay off ... trust me those lil extra bells n whistles make all the difference.

bacaw

Sorceror
XxSP1DERxX said:
SharpDevelop, Visual Studio, and all other studio and compiler based programs use CSC.exe themself. So if you know how to use it, you should be fine.
ehh i suppose thats the problem then :S i cant say i have half a clue about how to use CSC.exe a readme file would be nice so i guess ill check out the Microsoft website tommorrow at school. Thanks XxSP1DERxX

And also thank you Sorious ill look that link over n see what i can find!!

Also a notice i dloaded Visual Studio a free trial and i aint gota clue what im doin lol

Marlberg

Wanderer
bacaw said:
ehh i suppose thats the problem then :S i cant say i have half a clue about how to use CSC.exe a readme file would be nice so i guess ill check out the Microsoft website tommorrow at school. Thanks XxSP1DERxX

And also thank you Sorious ill look that link over n see what i can find!!

Also a notice i dloaded Visual Studio a free trial and i aint gota clue what im doin lol

Better Hurry with that "Free Trial" Once its installed it has an evaluation lifetime of 180 days. After that *Poof* have to re download it (if its still available) the versioning may have changed so any code written to date using it may have to be converted from the older version if it needs to be re-edited And any projects you had on the old Trial Version Project List along with any IDE specific settings you may have chosen (compiler directives programming language settings etc also go *Poof* and have to be re-instantiated) Better of biting the bullet and buying a copy of VS.NET or downloading the free #develop

zenox

Wanderer
Whoops.. I had seen this thread from google and thought I would add to it. Guess I should look closer next time :eek:

daat99

Staff member
zenox;748240 said:
Whoops.. I had seen this thread from google and thought I would add to it. Guess I should look closer next time :eek:

At least the next person that'll see this page from google will have your solution to this question as well ;)