RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can compiled script be not readable ?

Pheyte

Wanderer
can compiled script be not readable ?

the title says all, with that we could install serveur wherever we want wihtout be frightened that our script are going to be stolen.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Also let me remind you... we do encourage your sharing the scripts though... not doing so is counter productive to the community.

K

Krazy_zack

I think this would be VERY counterproductive...

What if there is a bug somewhere in the script? Or maby sombody wants to tweek it to their custom map/verdata/hue/whatever? What about all the people that learn from example? (like me)

I think this would searously effect the community and this is comming from sombody that has had his scripts from "that other server" stolen MANY times....

Pheyte

Wanderer
no Krazy_zarck it would work like this for example:
you have for example the script in version witch could be exhange, use by runuo or another way like now ( the .cv file)
and another type of file for example witch can only be use by runuo and it could be compiled from .cv file if we want (an option).

I don't know if it is possible.
Don't worry i am for exhange too i am only frightened when i give someone my products to host. The only way to protect is that it can't be read il we want
Or are they a way to put in file the autor ? not in the script himself, but in the file's properties.

I dont see how it could be counterproductive; with this script could be place on forum for people oder "crypted" to be place on the host (so the host couldn't take it, if he wants he have to go on the forum).
If you can explain what you want to say by counterproductive because i don't see why, thanks.

Hum.. Sorry krazy_zarck but i don't like your last sentence, i never had a shard up for the instance. I began to learn with sphere there's few month, and never stole any script from any shard. And now i don't script anymore with sphere i learn C# to script under RunUO, so i you could stop supposition like this, thanks.

(like other day sorry for english)

K

Krazy_zack

I think this would searously effect the community and this is comming from sombody that has had his scripts from "that other server" stolen MANY times....

I'm talking about me here...

IE I had MY scripts stolen over and over again...

It's counter productive because script stealing will be a dead issue...

RunUO is SO new that we will know where the scripts are comming from and also know excatly when some lamer clames to have made a script that someone else actually did the work...

besides if you are worried about a remote host stealing your scripts then make sure you have backups...

Pheyte

Wanderer
my apologies for this then, i didn't understood.

If you think so about script stealing, i hope you're right.