RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help with this error.

corytoneill

Sorceror
I get this error everytime I start Runuo.exe It doesn't even load. I just get an error. This happened after I ran a program named kill combo to remove viruses. Maybe i need to download something in order for it to work again?

Attachments

• RUO ERROR.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 17

Mortis

Knight
Never heard of kill combo and googleing it brings up nothing. Where did you get it? Why did you run it? I would not trust just any fly by nite malware/virus removal tool. I hope you did not download it from some crazy pop-up window or nag screen that you were redirected to.

corytoneill

Sorceror
It's actually called Combofix sorry. It is a legit virus removal software that malware bytes users request. It fixed the problems I had with my comp. I just don't know what to do to fix it lol.

Hammerhand

Knight
You mean the one with this disclaimer? >> Due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer. Instead you should use this guide to download and run ComboFix and then post the resulting log in a forum that contains helpers who understand how to diagnose them. These helpers will then help you clean your computer of infections so that it is running properly again.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Mortis

Knight
I would as a first attempt try uninstalling your newest version of the .net framework and re installing it using the full redistrabutable version from microsoft. Do not re install via windows update.

corytoneill

Sorceror
Alright that steered me into the right direction man thanks a lot. Got everything up and running again WOOOTTTTT!!!

Mortis

Knight
Your welcome. I find a lot of the time. Errors when starting RunUO end up being the .Net Framework installation became corrupted.