RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Attach to Server...

Cannot Attach to Server...

I think there is a new glitch. I downloaded the latest release today. And now I cant login to my shard. It keeps telling me that The shard must of been taken down and to try again later..but I know it wasnt taken down because my husband is right next to me playing on the shard I am trying to login to...My best friend is also having this same problem after downloading the new razor.
We are using the gateway version of 1.9.1265 and the newest razor version and the uo client of 4.0.5a. We both have it to autostart razor in the uog client. So I changed that in mine to not have razor start up and it is still not letting me login.

Quantos

Lord
Arwen_NightHawk said:
We are using the gateway version of 1.9.1265 and the newest razor version and the uo client of 4.0.5a.

Update your client to 4.0.8a. The older clients are not supported.

crackrat

Wanderer
this bug seems to be not a razor problem the shard im playing is having this issue not others.....have installed and uninstalled both razor and uose several times and have logged to several shards but can only sporatically log on to the one i ussually play on to the one i ussualy play on.... :(

habitat85

Wanderer
Im having this problem too. Occasionaly I keep getting "Client cant attach to game server try again in a few minutes"

Zippy

Razor Creator
Unless you are messing with Razor proxy settings this is a server list issue, not a razor issue.

Also, it would help if you post the name of the shard and the type/version it runs.

habitat85

Wanderer
Honestly I dont think it has anything to do with Razor, Im thinking its something to do with the router.

Server list we are using is MrFixits serverlist we've been using it for a year now and never had problems. Maybe its uogateway.... I dont know but theres a few people that are having this issue trying to connect to shard. Not all the time just occasionaly lately its been doing it. Id rather not post shard name here if you want me to PM it to you Zippy I will

Raynew43

Sorceror
I was having this issue as well yesterday. My player char was killed and I tried to log onto my gm char to help him out. I kept getting the same "Cannot attach to server message". Even doing a complete reboot of my system didn't help.
After doing this and that while talking to the head admin of the server I was trying to log into they decided to reboot the server to see if that would help.
Once the server came back up, I was able to log in with no problem. It would seem to be a server side issue but then I'm only guessing and don't have the knowledge to make that call.
The server is runuo 1.0 rco and I'm updated to the latest OSI patch.

kethoth

Page
same thing is happening on the shard im currently on....2 staff members cannot log on with this error message. ill tell the host to reboot as soon as i can....

habitat85

Wanderer
Seems to be with RunUO 1.0.0 RC0, was no problems before, so maybe its Mr. Fixit and UOGateway!

We'll be putting up RunUO 1.0 Final this week so we'll see if it still does it after that.

Phantom

Knight
habitat85 said:
Seems to be with RunUO 1.0.0 RC0, was no problems before, so maybe its Mr. Fixit and UOGateway!

We'll be putting up RunUO 1.0 Final this week so we'll see if it still does it after that.

If your having problems with RC0 you will have problems with the current version/

Don't let this stop yu from updating of course, there alot of bug fixes.

kethoth

Page
we're running 1.0.0. the staff members are using a fully updated client with uo-rice.
i personally tried multi-client with my staff acct and couldnt log on the staff acct but was playing on my player account on the same pc. i dont see how this could come about if we havent had this issue before today.

Phantom

Knight
kethoth said:
we're running 1.0.0. the staff members are using a fully updated client with uo-rice.
i personally tried multi-client with my staff acct and couldnt log on the staff acct but was playing on my player account on the same pc. i dont see how this could come about if we havent had this issue before today.

1) Don't use UO-Rice its not officialy support.
2) Use UO Gateway the current versio.
3) My guess its your serverlist.cs isn't correct so fix it.
4) In the future get your own support thread...Helps to help you faster.

habitat85

Wanderer
Phantom said:
If your having problems with RC0 you will have problems with the current version/

Don't let this stop yu from updating of course, there alot of bug fixes.

No that wont stop me from upgrading :)

So you think its Mr Fixits ServerList.cs?
Or maybe Uogateway?
Or perhaps router?

kethoth

Page
i use razor to log in and it was happening to me....and yes i was using razor to remove encryption. i just dont see how the serverlist that has worked since we updated to 1.0.0 could go bad in one day

Quantos

Lord
kethoth said:
i use razor to log in and it was happening to me....and yes i was using razor to remove encryption. i just dont see how the serverlist that has worked since we updated to 1.0.0 could go bad in one day

It is possible that your IP changed on a lease renewal. Were you using the serverlist.cs that Mr.Fixit released? If you are make sure that the only thing that you change is shard name.

habitat85

Wanderer
I noticed we were using ServerList 1.7
Im going to upgrade to Mr Fixits ServerList 2.0 and see if that was the problem.

Are you other guys that are having problems with this using 1.7 too?

Ive been using 2.0 on my PC with our test shard and never noticed untill last night that we have 1.7 on live shard.

kethoth

Page
nothing has changed...static ip from isp and on this side of router too. ill try 2.0 when i get a chance but i still dont see how that could change overnight with nothing else changing. port forwarding and everything has stayed the same since we openned. one of our staff members still cant log in with fully patched client with removed encryption and all...