RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot edit landtile in UOFiddler?

Safera

Page
Ok, this is really bugging me. Now, I realize that I haven't worked on map stuff in like 6 months, but I must have forgotten a lot because I cannot figure this out no matter what I do.

I actually have 2 separate issues, but let's tackle them one at a time.

First issue:

I have a landtile (#580 0x244) in game that when I do [props on shows as being "no name" and also as an impassable wall flagged.

So...I go into UOFiddler and select the tile in tiledata > landtiles and change name of this tile as wall as remove the "wall" and "impassable" flags. I save the muls and copy them over to both my server and client folders.

I restart runuo and login to the game and nothing is changed...not the name or the flags.

Any ideas?

m309

Squire
If its the newest version of Fiddler (4.6), make sure you set the Output path manually in Options, otherwise it throws the output .muls into an AppData Roaming file somewhere.

Safera

Page
Ya, I know where the muls are and it makes them, but when I overwrite my server (and client) muls with UOFiddler, it doesn't seem to effect these tiles at all. It's as tho I never edited them in UOFiddler.

Any other ideas? Are there any tileids which may be "unchangable"? I am so perplexed!

Safera

Page
Ok, first problem is solved. My uo config was pointing to the wrong IP. So, in short, client & server maps were different...which actually answered another question of mine, which was:

Why do you sometimes "bounce back" on collision detection (sorta like rubberbanding) as opposed to just stopping (like you do when you run into a mountain)? Answer: Your map files are mismatched...either server or client is saying it's impassable and the other is saying it isn't.

Ok, second issue (very similar to the first), but maybe related to transitions?? or Eri suggested possibly a "seasons" issue? It's on the Trammel map tho, not Felucca. I know I fixed this sort of issue in the past, but my memory retention is poor. (Lol)

So...I have a custom transition being used, but it is coming out as something totally catty wonky. See images attached:

Attachments

• InGameProps.jpg
    InGameProps.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
  • FiddlerTiledataTab.jpg
    FiddlerTiledataTab.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 24
  • FiddlerTextureTab.jpg
    FiddlerTextureTab.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 23

m309

Squire
See if you can find any reference to that landtile ID (2538 going by your tiledata) in any of the .def files in your client and server folders. I've noticed that sometimes OSI created temporary fixes on their end to .mul files via the .def files, and then never changed them back. I had the same issue with a custom cave entrance tile I used showing as a grass tile/terrain, and thats what the solution ended up being. I just forget exactly which .def file it was in...my memory isn't so hot either...yay age.

Safera

Page
Thank you, m309! You were right! :)

For those with similar issues:

Open TexTerr.def in notepad or something similar and do a search for your tileid#.
In this case, mine was #2538, so I find the following line:

Code:
2538  {2} 1645

I noticed that TileID# 2 was the nastly lil bugger invading my map, so....

I changed the line to:

Code:
2538  {2538} 1645

And oila! All fixed!

Now, to add more to this...I have a sneaking suspicion that this may have something to do with seasons, like Eri mentioned. I will let you know when I find out more info.

Once again THANKS m309 for the insight!! I knew it could be fixed!

Safera

Page
I have a sneaking suspicion that this may have something to do with seasons, like Eri mentioned. I will let you know when I find out more info.

Apparently, I was wrong. TexTerr.def doesn't seem to have anything to do with seasons.

I was hoping that perhaps there was a format like "season 0 {season 1} season 2" or "OriginalTileID, {ReplacementTileID} seasons", but nope....oh well. I tried swapping out different tile ids and seasons in mapdefinitions.cs to see if they had any effect and they did not. All seasons produced the same effect no matter what changes I made to TexTerr.def

So, it seems that the format for TexTerr.def is:
OriginalTileID {ReplacementTileID} unknown

Of note: it seems that the "unknown" is usually labeled as "0" or "1645" if those numbers mean anything to anyone?

Also of note, if you have a custom map, you can delete all of TexTerr.def (0kb) and the client will no longer override your TileData.mul; therefore, allowing you to use UOFiddler to edit your TileData.mul.

If you found this post by searching for info regarding seasons, Vorspire has some good info here:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/snow-on-ground.527064/#post-3954758