RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat's Jail System on RunUO 2.2 - SVN 862

Scriptiz

Sorceror
I've made a few fixes to the Cat's Jail System in order to make it works on RunUO 2.1.

Here is the files that you just have to paste in a folder in your RunUO Scripts folder.

Have fun jailing players ;)

History :

2.2b:
- Fixed issue with loading empty saves files

2.2:
- Removing SaveType check (only Async saves) to work with RunUO 2.2 SVN 862

2.1b :
- Fixing player's context menus
- Editing file header (where it is explained how to set up player's context menu) to match new version.

2.1 :
- Complete Cat's Jail System updated to RunUO 2.1

PS : I've removed all debug console information (pre-processor jailDebug variable) because it was giving me headache !
PPS : original post with details on the Jail System is there : http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/cats-jail-system.29025/
Cat's Jail system

Summary:
b36.
For those wondering, this version is new as of 3/1/04

it includes a few bug fixes, several requested features and a new [cage command.

(yeah, I was bored)

use [adminjail to setup the jail system the way you'd like it.

You might notice I started working on a fast movement auto jailing piece, but it doesnt work correctly yet (and is disabled).

Description:
*steals someone elses description and adds some*
[jail - jails the selected person
[release - will release that person
[adminjail - brings up the gump where you can mess with settings and see the jailings
[macro - sends the person a gump that will jail them if not replied to in an amount of time
[warn - sends a huge gump to that person warning them
"jailtime" - say this in jail and it will tell you how long you are jailed and why
"what time is it" - tells you the current time
[review look at someones jail history

theres a few more commands in there I think.

In those last two you don't include the "" marks =)

Has an autojailer for foul language and ooc. Can both be disabled.
[cage - throws them in a cage on the spot, great deal of fun
Installation:
drop the script in the scripts folder someplace.

if you want the player mobile context menus follow the directions in the script. The script works without the context menus. I dont use them as they make it easy to accidently jail a player... but other people like them.

Deleted account bug fix in the adminjail gump
removed the fast walk detection spam (I wonder if theres a better way to detect that)
couple other small crash guards

**updated script** 3/20/04
**updated script** 6/17/04 jailrc1.zip is a temp version

Attachments

• Cat\'s Jail System 2.2b.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 227

Zycron

Squire
adding the contextgumps dont work throws a bunch of errors everyway i try it but TY for release

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Didn't try the ContextGump I removed it to avoid mistakes from GM's on my shard.

I'll have a look at it soon.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
thanks for this, a lot of people prefer this to more complex systems like xanthos
That's exactly why I updated Cat's Jail System to RunUO 2.1 ;)

Ok ty. would appreciate it greatly.
It's done, just download new file (Cat's Jail System 2.1b), and replace both files by the new ones and Context Menus will works (if you edited PlayerMobile.cs just as mentioned in the JailRC1.cs header (I edited it also).

edit : oops if you downloaded it before this edit, redownload it ;)

tass23

Page
Hey Scriptiz, I've been trying to get this system ironed out and when I send a warning gump to a player, or send any player to jail, it crashes the shard with this error:
When you warn a player:
Code:
RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4215.30401
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5446
Time: 8/27/2011 9:44:32 PM
Mobiles: 44008
Items: 305659
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Server.Commands.JailWarnGump..ctor(Mobile from, Mobile m, String why, Int32 id, ArrayList warnings)
   at Server.Commands.warnTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Targeting\Target.cs:line 283
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1178
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 268
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 129
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Main.cs:line 518

When you jail a player:
Code:
RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4215.30401
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5446
Time: 8/27/2011 9:42:58 PM
Mobiles: 44035
Items: 305956
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Server.Commands.JailGump.buildIt(JailSystem tjs, Mobile owner, Mobile prisoner, Int32 page, String error, String reason, String month, String week, String day, String hour, String minute, Boolean fullreturn)
   at Server.Commands.JailGump..ctor(JailSystem tjs, Mobile owner, Mobile prisoner, Int32 page, String error, String reason)
   at Server.Commands.JailSystem.newJailingFromGMandPlayer(Mobile from, Mobile m)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Targeting\Target.cs:line 283
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1178
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 268
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 129
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Working Free Shard Project 1 Backup\Server\Main.cs:line 518

Any ideas?

tass23

Page
Alright, for reasons that are unknown to me, I had to take Cat's original system, and patch it with a few of Scriptiz change's to prevent the crashes I was getting. The system works perfectly now, very strange.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
It is weird as it is very well working on my RunUO 2.2 (svn 752)

And it was well working too on RunUO 2.1 (svn 709 when I made the fixes)

tass23

Page
I'm using the SA svn, it's possible there were some changes made that your updates didn't take into account, I'm not sure. If anyone else gets the above errors when trying to jail, or warn a player, combine the two systems, but don't use WinMerge. Start your shard and work through each error message until they are gone, that's the best way I can tell you.

ariechan

Wanderer
Hey, don't get me wrong... but I'm not a big fan of sending someone to jail immediately if they say one foul word... What part of the script allows me to turn that off?

clark71822

Sorceror
Hey, don't get me wrong... but I'm not a big fan of sending someone to jail immediately if they say one foul word... What part of the script allows me to turn that off?
I don't use this system, but I'm kinda guessing in jailrc1.cs, line 61, change the useLanguageFilter to false instead of true

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Thoses settings are the default ones.

To edit it, just use the [adminjail command to desactivate the language filter jailing option.

Instead you could just add a few times to zero for the first times the guy is going to jail for a bad word typed.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
I'll have a look this week to update it a little bit if needed but on mine server it is running with RunUO SVN 856 since I have posted it here.

edit : I can't get the latest svn for now, it seems to be an internarl error on the server. I'll do it as soon as I can get the latest revision.

Zycron

Squire
well i would appear they have removed the SaveType method from the world.cs in the core. and i have no idea how to rewrite that save method the jail.cs script has in it :p tyvm scriptz

this is error i get
Code:
Errors:
+ Customs/Cat's Jail System/JailRC1.cs:
    CS0234: Line 510: The type or namespace name 'SaveType' does not exist in th
e namespace 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)