RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CED+ 7.7 not launching fully.

LCOA

Sorceror
So I've been getting some outstanding assistance from m309 but I wanted to post my questions here for anyone to assist and or to help anyone if they are having the same issue.

I've installed CENTRED+ 7.7 and have my map0.mul, radarcol.mul, staidx0.mul, statics0.mul, tiledata.mul all in the PEBinaries directory inside of the CENTRED+ directory. I had to manually create the cedserver.xml which I have left the port as default, the width and height of the map are set properly, I've added an account name (have not changed the passwordhash), I've changed the format to 0x0010 because my client is fully updated.

When I launch ceserver, it gets to "Intialization Complete" after "Creating: Cache, Tiledata, Indexation, Radarmap"

At which point it sits.

I've checked the manual/setup page, however I do not see anything that I've missed. Any ideas?

m309

Squire
You also need hues.mul, texmaps.mul, texidx.mul, light.mul, lightidx.mul, art.mul, artidx.mul, and animdata.mul all in the same folder as the files you mentioned above.

LCOA

Sorceror
Latest 7.0.35.1

Tried using some I found on the interwebz but that didn't do anything. Still sitting at the same spot.

m309

Squire
Thats probably because the newer clients use the .uop file format and not .mul's. You'll have to convert the uop files to mul and back (I don't have any experience with this). If you use a client lower than 7.0.23.1 then they will contain all of the correct older .mul formatted files.

LCOA

Sorceror
Looks like I got it a bit further along. It's actually loading the client but it's taking forever.

LCOA

Sorceror
Now stuck on TilesEntry.xml when loading the client.

I replaced the original TilesEntry.xml with one that has English in it instead of Russian. Still stuck at TilesEntry.xml at the splash screen.

At this point I can see that I'm attempting to connect to the server, however it logs out after a bit. I'm guessing it says that because my client hasn't loaded the TilesEntry.xml file so it's timed out.

StaticZ

Sorceror
You also need hues.mul, texmaps.mul, texidx.mul, light.mul, lightidx.mul, art.mul, artidx.mul, and animdata.mul all in the same folder as the files you mentioned above.
Not exactly soo. This files are required ONLY for client part of CentrEd (1 file is missed in this list - tiledata.mul). For server part are required only tiledata.mul, radarcol.mul, map#.mull, staidx#.mul, statics#.mul. All this files can be placed in any folder you whant.

Now stuck on TilesEntry.xml when loading the client.

I replaced the original TilesEntry.xml with one that has English in it instead of Russian. Still stuck at TilesEntry.xml at the splash screen.
First of all - it's not correct to replace one file by another, as TilesEntry.xml is used for description for "multi objects" and for example TilesBrush.xml - for brushes, but all this files will be useless if ID's of this objects not described in TilesGroup.xml. And another situation - if in TilesGroup.xml are described some invalid ID's you can get errors while loading. In your case it seems that you get another kind of problem - in your configs (*.xml) are declared some invalid static or terrain tiles. So if you whant quicly check it - remove all content from xml files (except root nodes). If you write what exactly cause this problem - i will fix it in next version.

LCOA

Sorceror
Well, I've gotten to where it's loading Windows Forms.

Now there is a new error:

"Connection Error"
Send error [10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

As far as replacing the TilesEntry.xml file goes, he does list an English version of that file as part of his explanation of the files on the site. So I tried with English just in case it was an issue with that.

I've never seen a program this difficult to get installed and working. And I've seen some pretty bad application practices.

No offense to StaticZ for his work, the program looks awesome and is the reason why I'm battling so hard to use it.

LCOA

Sorceror
This is what my cedserver.xml looks like.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="5">
  <Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>map0.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Format>0x0000</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>admin</Name>
      <PasswordHash>d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

This is my CED Binaries directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries

This is the client upon launching.
The directory that is listed as UOEDIT is a copy of my Ultima Online Directory.

Initial connect of client to server:

This is the TilesEntry.xml splash screen that it sits at for a good 10 minutes.

This is the error that is displayed when it times out:

Final error that is displayed when it just fails.

And I do apologize for all of the screenshots. I just wanted to document the process so that people can see and maybe I've missed a step somewhere along the way. Ideally this will benefit people in the future too by resolving these issues, even if it's user error.

**On another note, StaticZ, you have a type in the command display for a "connection". It says "connetcion" instead of "connection". (Maybe something to fix for a future release)

StaticZ

Sorceror
**On another note, StaticZ, you have a type in the command display for a "connection". It says "connetcion" instead of "connection". (Maybe something to fix for a future release)
Sure, thanks for take atttention to this. My english is far to be good )

As far as replacing the TilesEntry.xml file goes, he does list an English version of that file as part of his explanation of the files on the site. So I tried with English just in case it was an issue with that.
You can edit them for your own, but now your first target is to get editor work, and after this it will be easy to replace and fix configs. As for language you are free to use any one you whant.

This is what my cedserver.xml looks like.
Check format flags - it looks like you use wrong one, if not then map sizes must be 768 x 512.

This is the TilesEntry.xml splash screen that it sits at for a good 10 minutes.
It runs musch faster, if you dont see any progress in 30 seconds, you may be sure that application hanged up. As I say - try to clean your xml configs such way:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<TilesEntry>
</TilesEntry>

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<TilesGroup>
</TilesGroup>
This will solve any problems with them, but sure you loose most of advantages of CentrEd+, but at least you will exactly known where promlem is.

PS Centred isn't so hard software, all problems are related to big number of varios client. For example in early versions there where no "client flags" in server config. I used autodetection, but this cause lots of problems, because many people use custom clients, some of them are using very strange and bad muls, that where incorect detected as HS, thow they are ML. Other problem is related to configs - as they high level error sensevity. I'm working on this, most bugs that was reported - are solved.

LCOA

Sorceror
So I cleared the tilesentry and tilegroups xml files and the client launches. But this is what I see now.

LCOA

Sorceror
Is OpenGL 1.4 capable enough? That's the max that that system can get to. However, I am also trying with another system that has a MUCH more powerful video card (remote connection) and this one is having some issues as well.

I installed the latest Intel HD3150 drivers and I still have the same results as the last image I posted.

It's like it's working... but it's not completely working.

LCOA

Sorceror
So this is the crash I get after a while of displaying the messed up tiles (I tried to move the viewing area just once). The system has 4GB of rmemory so I am not sure why it would say out of memory. Task manager shot included also.

Out of memory:

Task Manager:

LCOA

Sorceror
Oh and to rule out that my system is actually running out of memory or not, I tested it on another system with 12GB of ram and I received the same error.