RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CenterED+ and custom tiles

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Hey guys, i was wondering how you can get CenterED to recognize new tiles you put into tiledata.mul. I recently added some wall designs with UOFiddler and i cant seem to find them in CenterED. Any tips?

Safera

Page
They automatically get added; however, I do remember some being harder to find than others. I'll login to my laptop when I wake up tomorrow and try to provide a step-by-step. (Right now, in bed on my phone b/c I can't sleep.)

At the very least, if u can find the piece already placed in-game, then u can click on it in CentrEd and it will automatically select the tile in the menu. So, if push comes to shove, u can always temporarily add something via another method in order to find it easier in CentrEd. That much I do remember.

Apocolypse

Sorceror
glad im not the only one still up =P yeah i added a custom tile but i cant find it anywhere in the CenterED tile selection area. I tried messing with the XML a itte but still never found it. I even went into UOFiddler and named the tiles i added just to try and make it easier to find but still a no go. Any help would be appreciated greatly =)

Safera

Page
Can't you search via hex number too? You can find the number in Fiddler. Otherwise, you can also try if finding another tile close to it (number value-wise) and scroll down the menu from there as the tiles are listed in number order in the list in CentrEd.

m309

Squire
You need to navigate to the VirtualTiles.xml. In that file is a list of tiles telling CED+ to NOT show them in the tile view box. Simply find your hex and remove it from that list and reboot CED, should be good to go.

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Ok guys, i figured it out. Its always the little things that i miss while trying to dive into deeper things. I had to go into the Items tab in UOFiddler and click Save and that gave me my art.mul files. I see them now =) thank you for all the help =)