RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

Varchild

Wanderer
:cry:

I think something is wrong with my config file
Code:
[Config]
Version=2

[Network]
Port=2594

[Paths]
map=C:\Giochi\MondainLegacy\map0.mul
statics=C:\Giochi\MondainLegacy\statics0.mul
staidx=C:\Giochi\MondainLegacy\staidx0.mul
tiledata=C:\Giochi\MondainLegacy\tiledata.mul
radarcol=C:\Giochi\MondainLegacy\radarcol.mul

[Parameters]
Width=7168
Height=4096

[Accounts]
admin=255:21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3

I've made a .bat to execute your server and got this response:

Code:
UO CentrED Server Version 0.3.4
Copyright 2007 Andreas Schneider

[25/08/2007 20.05.30] Initializing ... Done
[25/08/2007 20.05.30] Invalid data. Check the map size and the files.
[25/08/2007 20.05.30] Terminating ... Done

C:\Documents and Settings\Matteo\Desktop\cedserver_win32>pause
Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

Could you help me?

^_^

floppydisc

Sorceror
The message already told you (more or less): the specified map size is wrong. You have to enter the size in blocks, not tiles.
In your case, this seems to be 896 x 512.

This is exactly the kind of tool I was looking for. The ability to have more than one person working together is not really what catches my eye the most but its a damned fine feature to have around if I ever did want a second person helping.

Barn Hermit

Wanderer
Im not sure if this is already possible and I just dont know how to do it...

But would it be possible to zoom in when using the Radar or Large scale commands map overview? Even in set increments, would be quite handy.

Thanks again

floppydisc

Sorceror
Nope, sorry, that's not possible. But you can always enter coordinates by hand. (or at least adjust them)
I usually note down the coords when precise work is to be done (like moving houses or something) and then enter them manually. That has also the advantage, that I can simply calculate the offset necessary for the move/copy operation.

Barn Hermit

Wanderer
floppydisc;707574 said:
Nope, sorry, that's not possible. But you can always enter coordinates by hand. (or at least adjust them)
I usually note down the coords when precise work is to be done (like moving houses or something) and then enter them manually. That has also the advantage, that I can simply calculate the offset necessary for the move/copy operation.

Ah no problem, thats how ive been doing them so far. I just catch myself squinting and moving my head close to the monitor when I drag a box in the large scale area even though I know im going to be tweaking the co-ords anyway ;)

Cheers.

Ravenal

Knight
floppydisc;705905 said:
Thanks, but I think this is a bit beyond the idea of this program. Something like this fits more into the Genesis project.

Floppy you just became my best friend haha =) Thanks for you words they mean a lot. I really enjoy your tool as I support it. it kinda looks like a tool to modify a world after like Genesis or whatever is used ya know =)

To answer that one guys question is. Genesis has that feature that you want, and will have almost what you want.

zartanian

Sorceror
floppydisc;706950 said:
The message already told you (more or less): the specified map size is wrong. You have to enter the size in blocks, not tiles.
In your case, this seems to be 896 x 512.

This might be a stupid question. How do you figure tile size? I looked at the block size and cannot figure out how it was converted.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Well, you have to know the size of the map. You can find out the size of the default maps by looking at the map definitions in the runuo source or by searching google.

zartanian

Sorceror
This is the first map editer I have used out side your mul builder and it is very impressive. The are a few changes I would like to see most already mentioned.
1. When you launch the server; a pause when there is an error.
2. An Undo Command
3. Copy & Paste would be nifty
4. Some type of ability to zoom
Even you don’t make any changes I think it is great!
Thank You for sharing

Galdar

Sorceror
CED Shocker

I'm shocked FloppyDisk hasn't annouonced this here, considering somebody HERE is most likely to take him up on the offer.

CED is NOW OPEN SOURCE for the asking ....

aksdb.de • View topic - Source Code Release

It seems his college life is keepin him to busy and he will NOT be adding features, BUT only maintaining any bugg fixes in the current app. Unless I just can't read :p

(Read last 4 posts in this following thread)
aksdb.de • View topic - Transitions

GOD I wish I was a coder... I'd love to tweak out this to its maximum potential. I'm faster with it as is now then any other map/static build tool around. It does still need some basic features added to it badly tho... Undo, Zoom, transiton wizard, UOA/HB13 import ability, Place multi tile statics objects as a single item..................

floppydisc

Sorceror
Well at least for *now* I won't be adding any features ;-) I don't give up hope that I have the necessary time again in the future :)
But any external additions would be very helpful - for me and of course any users.

hoose84

Wanderer
magi;769352 said:
wgen i try to open the server it opens then closes can someone help me please

Try running it from the command line. It's probably kicking out an error, but it closes before you see it. Just do a Start > Run > cmd and then navigate over to where you have it installed.

At least then you'll know why it isn't working.

Hoose

peepeetree

Sorceror
Ok I am about to pull all the hair in my head out in frustration with the setup of this software. Please God can someone give me a hand with it? I have spent a couple of hours trying to get it working and I just don't understand the setup and I can't seem to find instructions on how to set it up anywhere. Can someone point me to step by step directions on how to set this up so I can use it, if it has pictures that would be even better.

I also tried to register on the forum in your link to ask for help there but the registration is broken. The image you need to see to get a code to register is not working thus you can't register.