RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

peepeetree

Sorceror
floppydisc;775133 said:
Thanks for the hint with my board. I fixed the graphics now.

About getting started: there's a preliminary manual to be found >>here<<.

Great I will check out that manual tomorrow and see if I can't get it up and running! Thanks Floppydisc!

Nice and simple question

how to i add trees that actualy are part of the map and not statics?

(this makes a difference between being able to use relative location or not)

just adding them as statics does not work for it

and i tried adding the "tree tiles (well some of them - look like weird ground ones) and they just showed up in game the same look as haw they looks in centred, weird ground tiles

wo what do i need to add to get "real" trees then that are part of the teriegn?

Sythen

Sorceror
Hey Lord_Greywolf, How Are Ya?

Not sure if this will help, but when you search for 'trees' or 'tree' in the upper left in the search window you will find the tree trunks and the foilage.... well if you place the trees and add the foilage the server counts it as a static item (as if it was produced during map compile). The trees will spawn resources like every other in the game. I've placed a ton of trees using this method and never had an issue with macroing relative location using razor. So I'm a bit confused as to why you are having the issue :confused:

I hope this helps, but all centrED will do is place trees as statics, just like you can delete all static and 'non-static' trees from the map using the program, so can you place them. I guess I'm a little confused cause I did not know there were non static trees to begin with. I just figured all trees were static cause they can all be deleted using CentrED and most non-statics can not be delete using the program (ie. some tiles placed during map compile). Am I missing something?

i have not tried placing with the leaves also, just the trunks, so i will give that a shot - might make the difference

i also thought of something else that might be the problem (actualy 2)
this is on the fel tram map, and i was testing in tram, so will also test in fel, just to make sure
and 2nd, it is in the expanded area of the map, so maybe the stupid client might be anal retentive on it as well

but i will try adding the leaves aslo (to bad not a way to add both at same time that match up to each other lol)
and let you know what i figure out :)

ok - just tried placing cedar trees with cedar needles, both in the spot before, and also in a spot in t2a area near it

still gives me the error you can not use an axe on that when using relative location for targeting
using absolute works correctly, but not realtive

have tried on both grass tiles and forest tiles under them

and yes both the server and player have the patches

so any other suggestions to try and get relative to work with the trees
(sand and cave floors work great in the area, just not trees)

Sythen

Sorceror
Maybe You Have Something...

perhaps if you expand your map and take away the dungeon area then you have issues with your trees... that could be since the maps werent supposed to be enlarged like that; something hardcoded in the client maybe? Also Lord_Greywolf I have a question?... can you sail from point A and wrap around your map on a boat back to point A with an enlarged map like that? I was going to toy with making a map without a dungeon area but I have heard rumors that the wrap points are hardcoded in the client. So I was wondering. :confused:

i did not expand the map, i ment in the ML expanded area that osi made - the big black area on the east side, where heartwood, etc is at

i duplicated the tree & leaves in t2a area also, with same results (other trees all ready there though work correctly and are same id's)
can target manualy, or use absolute target with it, but can not use relative location
both on tram & fel sides

so i am puzzled why it will not work
works for mining tiles, sand tiles & lava tiles - all of which are "map" tiles, but not for trees

Ravenal

Knight
Make sure that they are added into the tiles that "Lumberjack" looks up to determine if it is a tree that you can chop, if it isn't then "Thats not a tree!" etc. will happen.

like i said before - i CAN target them manualy or as absolute targets, and they work fine
but can NOT target them as relative locations
only the ones all ready on the map before i use centrED work for relative location
it tels me i can not use an axe on that -- which is the ground tile there - which is how relative location works, looks at the ground tile, then use the item on it
so there is something different about ground tiles where trees are at, and centrED is not applying that

same ID's - but ones added so not work

I am using osi patch 5.0.9.1 and the ML expanded shared fel/tram map

Ravenal

Knight
What tree tiles? If your referring to the ML Map Tree Land Tiles, you have to add those and support for that, otherwise they won't work. Remember CentrED is a Map Editor, it does not control how Lumberjack works, or how Mining works, or how Fishing works...

Just like some people think the "Brown Tiles" does anything to "Fishing" when the fact it doesn't have any effect, it only has affect if your target a "Water Tile" IE any form of "Water tiles" just like if you try to target a Waterfall it won't let you fish because its not in the list...

well all i know is that on the trees i add - does not mater where on the map
1) actualy targeting works (i.e. use the axe)
2) in macros, absolute target works (targeting the tree)
3) in macro changing to relative location does NOT work (where tree was origional target)

BUT
with the ones that where origionaly on the map, i.e. placed by osi then
1) actualy targeting works (i.e. use the axe)
2) in macros, absolute target works (targeting the tree)
3) in macro changing to relative location DOES work (where tree was origional target)

so there is something different about the land location under the tree that effects relative location
something is not being set correctly

Valce

Wanderer
Needs a way to zoom in/zoom out, some way to navigate the map easily and fast (arrows) and to move items items around fast (arrows) like in WF.
The tool is very nice and useful, but it takes a lot of time to do stuff (like fixing random statics, moving around trees, building towns and stuff) compared to WF...

he explained before about the zooming not being in

but for moving around there is fast ways
1) world map - click and move
2) adjusting coords moves you also to that spot

for moving items - can "lock" direction or ask each time and can set the number to move to what ever amount and can use on group also

also large scale functions move whole areas really fast

Valce

Wanderer
Ok thanks but I knew that already... I guess I'll keep using Worldforge and resort to CentrED only when strictly necessary for doing stuff like floor tiles (with random patterns)... switching tools doesn't require much time.
For worldbuilding with other people, I guess I'll just use copy-paste.

CzechEzekiel

Wanderer
First I'm sorry becouse probably i'm totaly lame...

I try run Centred but i false.
First, i download centred client and server for win.
Install client, run my RunUO server and Win server for Centred....
Try to write a port, path, map size (ML) and admin pass and user name...
Press enter and Win server shut down (i don't know if that's ok)
Set Centred client:
local host 2593 (RunUO display it / no 2597)
Set Ml folder and try to connect.
Run UO server display 1 client connecting and Centred client connecting too, but after while disconnect for innactivity.
Where is the problem?

I try set .ini file too but:
I don't find him soo i make him in the folder with Win server.

[Config]
Version=2

[Network]
Port=2593

[Paths]
map=C:\Documents and Settings\Mates\Plocha\RunUO_server\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\map0.mul
statics=C:\Documents and Settings\Mates\Plocha\RunUO_server\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\statics0.mul
staidx=C:\Documents and Settings\Mates\Plocha\RunUO_server\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\staidx0.mul
tiledata=C:\Documents and Settings\Mates\Plocha\RunUO_server\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\tiledata.mul
radarcol=C:\Documents and Settings\Mates\Plocha\RunUO_server\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\radarcol.mul

[Paramaters]
Width=896
Height=512

[Accounts]
Admin=admin

But nothing happend...

What I'm doin'g wrong? It seems to by good program...

And I'm sorry for my english.

zartanian

Sorceror
Copy these files to a diffrent directory such as c:\maps

You also if you are using a pre ML maps you must adjust the size to 768 x 512

map=C:\maps\map0.mul
statics=C:\maps\statics0.mul
staidx=C:\maps\staidx0.mul
tiledata=C:\maps\tiledata.mul
radarcol=C:\maps\radarcol.mul

I will assume the problem is you cannot access these files with CentrED becaise RUNUO is already doing so.

You can run the .exe from the command prompt and this will allow you to see the errors. However I am pretty I know the problem.