RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

Illuminu

Wanderer
Hey. I got a Problem with Centred 0.4.0 (just downloaded it from website.)

the cedserver.exe is opening, i put my stuff in and when i typed my password and press enter it closes itself.
the config-file (cedserver.ini) is not created... and if i import one from an older version its not helping. Means: doubleclick on cedserver.exe -> "port [2597]: _"

hope that post wasnt too chaotic...

the older version i got (0.3.6) is working fine... but i guess a newer version is a better choice...

edit: is the centred-board down? its somehow not opening...

Jeff

Lord
Illuminu;794028 said:
Hey. I got a Problem with Centred 0.4.0 (just downloaded it from website.)

the cedserver.exe is opening, i put my stuff in and when i typed my password and press enter it closes itself.
the config-file (cedserver.ini) is not created... and if i import one from an older version its not helping. Means: doubleclick on cedserver.exe -> "port [2597]: _"

hope that post wasnt too chaotic...

the older version i got (0.3.6) is working fine... but i guess a newer version is a better choice...

edit: is the centred-board down? its somehow not opening...

If i remember correctly the new one requires an xml config, not an ini. I remember there being a converter utility on the centred forums somewhere.

Bstceltics4

Wanderer
i opened up cedserver and as soon as i put in my password it closes out, so i cant make a password and user name for the ced program...any help would be apreciated.

if the server shut down when you started it, that means you are probably typing in the map deminsions incorrectly (or one of the other items)

i have found it easier to place it in its own directory and copy all the files to there and run it from there, that way i can replace back from origionals if needed, and i do not have to type in any path names

oiii88

Sorceror
Bstceltics4;796476 said:
i opened up cedserver and as soon as i put in my password it closes out, so i cant make a password and user name for the ced program...any help would be apreciated.

You will need to download the .bat file from CentRD forums. When you download it make sure it doesn't get changed to .bat.txt like mine did if it does remove the .txt and use it to launch the program. Anymore problems and you could probably find the answer easier on their support forums.
http://www.aksdb.de/board/index.php
PHP:
Use this file to launch the server (it has to be in the same directory as the cedserver.exe
 and also needs to be launched from there):
http://www.aksdb.de/CentrED/runcedserver.bat
That should leave the console window open so you can see what error message occurs.
 I guess the files are used by another program. You should run cedserver with its own files,
 because it modifies them and therefore needs exclusive read/write permissions.

Galdar

Sorceror
Visual is not equal to Props

Here's a new one on me. I've used CED for a good while now an haven't seen this one befor.

Here's my problem example...... (using RunUO2rc2, Client 5.0.6c)

In the original file I have a Rock/Mtn Terrain tile sitting at Z 45. In CED I edit it to DIRT terrain tile at Z 0. So I throw the whole thing in RunUO an fire it up. In Game it looks like the DIRT tile, but with a [props it tells me its still rock @45. ofcourse i can't walk on it even tho I see dirt at my "feet".

The confusing part... radarcol.mul shows DIRT. I load it up in MulEditor, shows dirt, ID's as dirt... Worldforge also shows dirt...But as I said RunUO shows dirt, but ID's as rock. CED of course is showing and ID'ing as dirt Z 0.

Ideas?

I want this on both Tram/Fel so I didnt merge it into the DIFF file. Would the DIFF files even come into play here? use empty DIFF files?

did you copy it to your players uo folder and the servers datapath folder?
has to be copied over to both

just fyi - UO no longer uses radicol since 5.0 i believe

Galdar

Sorceror

Yes, Server and Players files are the same. That was the first thing I verified.

Datapath? Really? I thought that was just an EXPORT dir. for RunUO's freeze/unfreeze commands. I'll dbl check that one. Thanks

Radarcol, I had heard that... but I was reffering to the Radar ingame was showing the correct changes.

datapath is actualy where runuo uses the files from,
it is used completely by it, not just fro freezing and unfreezing, but for reading from also for it to work with

floppydisc

Sorceror
Version 0.5

Since there are several CentrED users here, I want to inform you about the new version:

Among the new features you can find much of what the community had requested for a long time:
  • Completely reworked rendering (should be much faster now)
  • Added one-step UnDo
  • Added support for animated tiles
  • Added optional height information to flat mode
  • Added keyboard movement (NumPad, Arrow Keys, WSAD)
  • Added live-preview for drawing operations
  • Changed config path to be within the home directory
    • Local AppData on Windows
    • $HOME/.config on Linux
  • Added options to toggle animations and security questions
  • Added (re)storing of options on start/exit
  • Added highlight of target regions to the LargeScaleCommand window
  • Optimized memory handling to adjust for larger requirements
  • Several internal fixes and cleanups

CentrED - Version 0.5 - AKS DataBasis Redmine

Sythen

Sorceror
Does Anyone Know The Ter Mur Map Size?

I want to plug in Ter Mur to CentrED but I need the format for the Map Size it uses... rather than 1280x4069

Any help would be appreciated

floppydisc

Sorceror
Sythen;821411 said:
I want to plug in Ter Mur to CentrED but I need the format for the Map Size it uses... rather than 1280x4069

Any help would be appreciated

The server wants the map sizes in block, not cells. Each block consists of 8x8 cells, so the math is simple ;-)
The map you talk about should be 250x812.

Sythen

Sorceror
My Mistake

1280x4096

grrr... and what is the formula used for blocks... I am terrible with math LOL

PS. Thank you for the quick response.

I went on your site and tried to find the forum boards... was unable to :/

I was wondering if i can checkout your svn on tortoise and then compile it using ??? editor? LOL - what editor?

floppydisc

Sorceror
I already did the math for you. And it's dividing by 8 by the way ;-)

The board is linked on the default page - it links to http://www.aksdb.de/board. On the default page is also a link on how to get the source and compile it. Sorry, I'm not using svn however.

Sythen

Sorceror
its 160x512 :)

Thank you for the formula Floppy Disc :) lol

Ter Mur is a messed up looking canvas of a map... OMG Its like a skinny horizontal rectangular map ROFL

For those wondering... Ter Mur shows up without crash in CentrEd ... :)