RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

bryanf

Wanderer
i downloaded CentrED 0.6.1 and every time i try to log in it tells me connecting please wait. then it says connection failed im not sure why but i cant get any of the map editing tools i have found. anyone have any suggestions?

floppydisc

Sorceror
bryanf;829453 said:
i downloaded CentrED 0.6.1 and every time i try to log in it tells me connecting please wait. then it says connection failed im not sure why but i cant get any of the map editing tools i have found. anyone have any suggestions?

Is the CentrED Server (cedserver) running and not blocked by any firewall?

srehder

Wanderer
Thanks

Thanks for a great tool!

We have the following setup on our server:

1. cedserver uses the data files in C:\CED_Data\
This folder contains a copy (from the original UO - ML) of the 5 files cedserver needs to be started.

2. The RunUO server uses the data files in C:\UO\

This is done to make sure that RunUO and cedserver can run at the same time.

Now I have logged in to the editor and I have changed a single tile.
Then i perform the following steps to make sure the RunUO world is updated:
- Shutdown cedserver and RunUO server
- Copy files from C:\CED_Data\ to C:\UO\
- Start both servers again

Now when I logon to the server using a client local on the server i dont see the changes i made using the editor.
What am I doing wrong?

I also have another question:
Can CentrED automaticly update the map data files in the local UO data folder of a player when he logs on the cedserver from a remote computer? Or should we distribute a zip-file containing the files?

srehder

Wanderer
srehder;836785 said:
Now when I logon to the server using a client local on the server i dont see the changes i made using the editor.
What am I doing wrong?

This part works now. I changed something near Vesper bank and I can see the changes.
The earlier changes I made was in green acres so I guess that I just did not manage to find the correct spot in the game.

But my other question still applies :)

it can not modify other peoples files (well probably could with a list of places to look for them, and a mod to the actual exe files of CentrED)

so yes you will have to make daily "patches" for them or what ever
but at least they are small files when rar'ed up
also suggest, if modifying statics to also defrag the statics (couple of programs do that, they are listed through out this thread)
and patch them not only to the workers, but to the directory CentrED is working in also (so it has fresh same files as well)

srehder

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;837109 said:
that i have no idea on, might want to check their website for more info

The website does not explain it and I have also been reading their manual.
But no info on the Flush option :)

Sythen

Sorceror
no info on the Flush option

I'm not exactly sure why Hitman/aka floppydisc named this option 'Flush' but all it does is manually save all changes made in the immediate; whereas changes made usually save automatically every 3-5 minutes. :)

Jeff

Lord
Sythen;837214 said:
I'm not exactly sure why Hitman/aka floppydisc named this option 'Flush' but all it does is manually save all changes made in the immediate; whereas changes made usually save automatically every 3-5 minutes. :)

He probably named it that because he is a developer, that is a common term to commit pending changes.

Sythen

Sorceror
Ahhh... see learn somethin new everyday :) ... thanks for that Jeff... now we all know why he used the term 'Flush'. :D

Though from a non-developer stand point :eek:... and I know this is going to be hard on your ears folks :rolleyes:... 'Flush' makes no sense. You 'Flush' Pee (among other things) Down The Drain after you take a leak in a toilet :p... A great many people (considering that map making is more graphic design than programming :p) using CentrED, would probably think of it as a delete command moreso than a save command :); I would never have known what it did if I hadn't asked hitman directly. :D Just a thought.

"Laymens Terms Man! Explain It To Me Like I'm A 3 Year Old!" - Unknown ;) - Just being a devils advocate, don't get your panties in a bind :p

Jeff

Lord
Ya, this is why you should make suggestions :) Generally developers write UI/Apps based on their knowledge, and things make sense to them. But 99% of the time, not to the users, this is why User feedback is important.

WhoopeR

Wanderer
Connection problem

Hello!

Im having problems with connecting to cedserver, i can only connect from local computer via 127.0.0.1 but not from any other, i have opened ports for router and tried to connect via domain but nothiing, and i cant find any solution from anywhere!

Rajaat99

Squire
Is there a cedserver userguide? I have been trying to set this thing up for 2 hours so I can use centerED.
So, I downloaded cedserver and CenterED, I downloaded runcedserver.bat and I entered all the info cedserver asked for. I ran runcedserver.bat and it went through a small list of items and finally said Initialization done at the bottom. Does that mean it's ready to go?
I assumed it was ready to go, so I ran and entered all the information into CenterED. CenterED just says connecting and nothing happens. I waited 30 minutes and nothing happened.
Is there a user guide for cedserver anywhere? Can someone help me?

zaldeskull

Sorceror
Rajaat99;850899 said:
Is there a cedserver userguide? I have been trying to set this thing up for 2 hours so I can use centerED.
So, I downloaded cedserver and CenterED, I downloaded runcedserver.bat and I entered all the info cedserver asked for. I ran runcedserver.bat and it went through a small list of items and finally said Initialization done at the bottom. Does that mean it's ready to go?
I assumed it was ready to go, so I ran and entered all the information into CenterED. CenterED just says connecting and nothing happens. I waited 30 minutes and nothing happened.
Is there a user guide for cedserver anywhere? Can someone help me?

Sounds like server is ready to go.

Does the server show you are attempting login?
Might want to turn off windows firewall or any thing like that if it does not.

You can pretty much put the server exe in your directory with your mul (files needed etc), run it and it should run by just answering the questions.
Anytime after it saves settings to an xml file for future use.

Hope this helps.

make sure you are using the ExCacT UseRnaMe and PassWORD including CaPs that you used when setting up the server when you try to log into it using the 2nd icon of the CentrED