RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

Nockar

Sorceror
Does anyone have a copy of 'cedserver.exe' they can zip and post? The one I got off their site appears to be croupt.

I get a "unsupported compression method for 'cedserver.exe'"

............ Never mind I found a copy of it that works. I cant get hte program to run thought. haha

Sythen

Sorceror

Attachments

• CentrED Setup.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • CentrED Setup.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

Nockar

Sorceror
I can get all of the map files to load with cedserver.exe but map0 & map1. I am using the 896x512 sizes. Any ideas on how to goet thoes two maps to load?

Nockar

Sorceror
I'll asume you talking about cedserver.xml. And I did edit it. It works for eveything but map0 & map1. Map2,3,&4 all work fine.

Sythen

Sorceror
<Map>

<Map>E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\map0.mul</Map>

<StaIdx>E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>

<Statics>E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\statics0.mul</Statics>

<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
</Map>
<Tiledata>E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>

<Radarcol>E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>

This is what mine looks like and it works fine. I think your issue might be that you're using the same data files as your server uses; meaning you are editing from the main data directory when you should be editing from a seperate directory and copying and pasting the edited files into your servers game data directory (if that makes sense)

Example:
I play my server using these data files: C:\MyServer\Ultima Online\
I edit this data folder when modifying files with CentrED: E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\

Once my changes are made I copy and paste the modified files from the E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\ folder into the C:\MyServer\Ultima Online\ folder

Nockar

Sorceror
This is what mine looks like and it works fine. I think your issue might be that you're using the same data files as your server uses; meaning you are editing from the main data directory when you should be editing from a seperate directory and copying and pasting the edited files into your servers game data directory (if that makes sense)

Example:
I play my server using these data files: C:\MyServer\Ultima Online\
I edit this data folder when modifying files with CentrED: E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\

Once my changes are made I copy and paste the modified files from the E:\Gaming Data Tweaks\ folder into the C:\MyServer\Ultima Online\ folder

Thaks for taking the time to post. That would have been a good guess but that is Not why map0 & map1 do not work.

Sythen

Sorceror
LOL well shed some light and we'll fix the issue... the way i set mine up in the examples above does work... so if it works for me - you're doing something wrong with the xml file...just saying its human error. The program works fine - the idea here is to share your error so that others with the same errors can fix theirs as well. ;)

Nockar

Sorceror
Like I said before it works fine with map2,3,4. There is nothing wrong with my xml file. It does not work at all with map0 or map1. Map0 is pre ml size. map1 is ml size. Just because it works for you and is not working for me does not mean I am doing anything wrong. Nore does it mean the program works perfectly.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="3">
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>E:\UO\UO Client SA 2d EDIT\map1.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>E:\UO\UO Client SA 2d EDIT\staidx1.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>E:\UO\UO Client SA 2d EDIT\statics1.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>E:\UO\UO Client SA 2d EDIT\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>E:\UO\UO Client SA 2d EDIT\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>admin</Name>
      <PasswordHash>xxxxxxxxxx</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="10" y="10"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

Sythen

Sorceror
I've been using this program to make pre-ml and post-ml maps for a long while. I can assure you it works, I'm not sure where your issues are, but you can refer them to the centrED website because not many people on this forum that know a lot about centrED are active here. Maybe FloppyDisc could shed some light considering CentrED was his pet project.

Just because it works for you and is not working for me does not mean I am doing anything wrong. Nore does it mean the program works perfectly.

;) In response to the quote above, centrED will read any map size you enter into it, and yes if it works for me it will work for anyone because its the SAME program I am using as you are using and what I am saying about it being able to work for me is factual based on my own use of the program LOL.

If you are using pre-ml map sizes your map block size is NOT 896x512.... instead it is: 768x512 for pre-ml maps.

Don't beat up the guy who's just trying to help. You post a problem on this website, I know a lot about this particular program, so I'm trying to help. Its bad enough that you are looking for assistance on the RunUO forums for a program that has its own website and forum that is specifically for issues regarding CentrED. Click Here For That Website :p

Nockar

Sorceror
Ya I know. 768x512 is the old map & 896x512 is the new one. Yes I have two maps and both are different sizes. No, I have not gotten them confused or mixed up. Map size X 8 = number. BOTH those were tried a long time ago with the appropriate map. Neither worked.

Neith map nore map size work for map1 or map0. It just does not work. There is no typo or wrong number. Its all correct. It just does not work.

ogrelord

Sorceror
when i first installed this and figured out server set up it worked great and was nice to use but now i start server, then the client and once i login to server with client the client disappears , the server shows me as logged in and task manager shows client as an active process but i have no way to use it cause i cant see it or find it

any ideas on this?

Sythen

Sorceror
you'll need to look at the config file... all map settings and directories need to be in there correctly... this is the xml file that is produced by the client.

ogrelord

Sorceror
i dont seem to have a config for the client, it doesnt make one, the server does and when starting the server it would stop if its config was in error. so if the client needs a config could you show me what it looks like so i can copy it. The server starts up and waits for client. I start the client and login and it says initilizing and updating Radmap then just disappears, i cant see it, i cant maximize it or anything like that its just not there. yet the server shows me as logged in. Im using windows XP.
When i first installed this it worked but now i cant use the client for some reason

clark71822

Sorceror
i dont seem to have a config for the client, it doesnt make one, the server does and when starting the server it would stop if its config was in error. so if the client needs a config could you show me what it looks like so i can copy it. The server starts up and waits for client. I start the client and login and it says initilizing and updating Radmap then just disappears, i cant see it, i cant maximize it or anything like that its just not there. yet the server shows me as logged in. Im using windows XP.
When i first installed this it worked but now i cant use the client for some reason
Have you tried to re-install the client to see if it resolved the issue?

ogrelord

Sorceror
i have re-installed a few time but i may be missing something that doesnt get removed with un-installing it, not sure. i got it to work once and loved it but now i cant use it for some reason. would love to figure out what is wrong with it

clark71822

Sorceror
If you uninstall it again, go into the Program Files folder and see if the AKS DataBasis folder is still there. If it is, delete it completely (empty recycle bin too to be sure), then run a registry cleaner to see if there's any traces of it left (though I wouldn't think there would be, but best to make sure). Reboot, then re-install and try it again.

Sythen

Sorceror
next to having someone install it for you on your machine via remote desktop or teamviewer... you're obviously out of luck with this program unless you take multiple screenshots throughout your entire installation process and what you do thereafter. Quite honestly, speaking for myself ofcourse, I really can't fathom how anyone knows anything about your issue because we're not sitting at your computer while you're doing this; keeping in mind you are the only one who seems to be having this issue. Please refer to the CentrED website for further assistance, something tells me they can help you better.

twobit2354

Sorceror
I've tried centred and its pretty cool! Anyone looking for custom mapping, hit me up and I can help. Maps will not be large in size due to the fact of the labor intensive spawning of buildings etc. Spawning buildings will REQUIRE assistance.