RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's Yet Another Arya Addon Generator (YAAAG) RC1/RC2

That was it. Changing those numbers worked. THank you hun. I will just leave them, cause I am probablythe only one that is gonna use the addon gen. So thanks again hun.

CEO

Sorceror
Arwen_NightHawk;721399 said:
That was it. Changing those numbers worked. THank you hun. I will just leave them, cause I am probablythe only one that is gonna use the addon gen. So thanks again hun.
Sure thing sweety. ;) Glad I was able to help.

nevar2006

Sorceror
im really new to this but..

ive made the add on, and i have generated it and tested it using the addongen but how do i add the deed in the world? i cant find it using the add function or pandoras box.

CEO

Sorceror
nevar2006;721878 said:
ive made the add on, and i have generated it and tested it using the addongen but how do i add the deed in the world? i cant find it using the add function or pandoras box.
When you generate it, you'll find the code created in the main runUO directory under a folder called TheBox with a filename.cs of the name you gave it when you generated it. Move that file to your scripts directory, I recommend the customs folder, and recompile.

joeylockie

Sorceror
I need some help i think I am missing something, heres my error:

Here my script I only changed where the addon get saved to

Code:
/*
Package Name: CEO's Yet Another Arya Addon Generator (YAAAG)
Author: CEO
Version: 1.2
Public Release: 09/25/07
Purpose:  Generates AddOns from statics, items, and tiles. Oh my!
*/
// If you're using an SVN that supports List<> methods (remove the //s) to use those instead of arrays 

// or add them for RC1.
define RC2
define DEBUG
undef DEBUG
using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.IO;
using Server;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Commands;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Server.ContextMenus;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Targeting;
namespace Arya.Misc
{
    public class AddonGenerator
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Set this value if you wish the scripts to be output somewhere else rather than in the 

default RunUOScriptsCustom scriptaddons
        /// directory. This should be a full valid path on your computer
        /// 
        /// Example:
        /// 
        /// private static string m_CustomOutputDirector = @"C:Program 

FilesRunUOScriptsCustomAddons";
        /// </summary>
        private static string m_CustomOutputDirectory = @"c:Documents and 

SettingsHP_AdministratorDesktopRunUOserverScriptsCustomscriptaddons";

#region Template

private const string m_SimpleCode = @"
            for (int i = 0; i < m_AddOnSimpleComponents.Length / 4; i++)
                AddComponent( new AddonComponent( m_AddOnSimpleComponents[i,0] ), 

m_AddOnSimpleComponents[i,1], m_AddOnSimpleComponents[i,2], m_AddOnSimpleComponents[i,3] );";

I didn't post the whole thing as i don't think its all need to find out whats wrong.

Hammerhand

Knight
Well.. what you're going to need to do is simple..

Code:
define RC2
define DEBUG

Those 2 lines, since your using RC1, need commented out like so.

Code:
//#define RC2
//#define DEBUG
Without commenting out the RC2 line, you're telling it to run in that mode, which it cant since you're using RC1. Change those and you might find it working. :D

CEO

Sorceror
joeylockie;724115 said:
hmm I had to also take out this line of code:
Code:
undef DEBUG
All that does is turn on some console stuff. If you run in -debug option I believe it gets set too, so I've found like you have that it needs to be uncommented in order to remove the console lines. It shouldn't affect or cause in compile errors thought in regards to rc1/rc2 issues.

Hammerhand

Knight
Dunno if the undefine debug does anything or not. I left mine as is and just commented out the define debug. But since I personally have no bugs, I dont need debugged and the script doesnt seem to have any either. :D Maybe I should comment it out and make an addon just to see what it does.

CEO

Sorceror
Hammerhand;724127 said:
Dunno if the undefine debug does anything or not. I left mine as is and just commented out the define debug. But since I personally have no bugs, I dont need debugged and the script doesnt seem to have any either. :D Maybe I should comment it out and make an addon just to see what it does.
Yeah, all I use that for is to output some console info if I'm debugging an error or working on the script.

Byteme

Wanderer
Hi,
I am really "green" to all of this but I d/l the addongen and put in my test shard. I do not have a live shard. I made something with pbox and used the addon gen and it said it saved in C:\programfiles\EAgames\runuo-1\thebox\boxesaddon.cs. My problem is when looking for "The Box" in my RunUO folder, there is nothing there that says The Box? Can someone help me on this please. Thanks for your time.

Edit:.. Nevermind, it is there now. Guess when it saved it added that folder "the box".

Polartch01

Wanderer
Ok...Im a total newb at scripting and UO in general...So, my question with it is this. Basically, when you make an addon, for example, I made a really really big building using UOArchitect, does it create the addon into a static file? Thanks!

Hammerhand

Knight
UOAR wont put your building into a static file, no. UOAR just copies the building into a small file which allows you to place that building in another location, but it wont be static. The AddonGen will create a static file of the building. But if you have any doors and/or chests in the building, remove them before using the addongen. Otherwise your addon's doors and/or chests will be static as well and unusuable/unopenable. Doors and other "moving" items need to be placed in the addon after it is placed.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Hehe, uhm exactly how do I use this addon generator, I have build my addon ingame using pandora's box. now what ?

thanks

regards

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Im really sorry for being so newbie, its just it doesnt say anywhere in your descriptions (or maybe im just blind) of how to use it, and I have never used it before.

thanks

CEO

Sorceror
What have you tried so far? Just run it, mark the boundaries of your addon, the code for the addon is generated under the folder "The Box" in your RunUO dir, move that code to your customs folder and recompile. Whatever name you gave it will then be accessible as an addon or deed.