RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Client Gumps

mdavis93

Sorceror
Changing Client Gumps

I have no clue where to post this, so if this is the wrong location, please move it to where it should go for me, thanks.

We are trying to rename a few of the skills that will not be used (such as begging) to other skill names and aren't really sure how to change the name on the skills scroll (when you click on 'skills' on your paper doll).

We have the MULPatcher and such, have added all the images to the respective files, but are not sure how to rename an existing skill.

Can this be done, and if so where do we need to look in order to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Halciet

Sorceror
You need an application called Skills.exe. It takes the skills.mul and Skills.idx files and creates a skills.ini file from them. You then open this in notepad, change the names as you want, and then run the program again; it will take the .ini and update the mul and idx files with the new information. You then drop them into your UO folder and that's that.

The "1" or "0" to the left of each skill in skills.ini denotes whether the skill in question will have a blue button beside it in the client, for active use.

-Hal

Voran

Wanderer
Or SkillEdit, which lets you make all the changes in the standard files without editing extra documents by hand

Halciet

Sorceror
Problem with that is that since the shardwire download for it is broken, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to get it anymore :(

-Hal

mdavis93

Sorceror
Thank you. I got the new skill to show on the in-game skill menu.

My next question is, where would I start to re-write the skill? Let's say I was to change Begging to another skill, where would I alter the code for when the blue button is pressed?

kirax2

Wanderer
RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Skills\begging.cs

Skills that don't require a button to be pressed are more complicated; generally the check is built into another script. For example, I believe it's BaseWeapon that passively checks to see if your Anatomy and Tactics go up when using a weapon, whereas other skills usually go through skillcheck.cs.

Anyway, any skills that use a button are individually defined in the above folder.

Good luck!
-Janice
aka kirax2