RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character creates fine, log out and back in then can't move and invisible

Bobly

Wanderer
Character create works, but logging back in results in char being underground & stuck

EDIT: Problem considerably different than I thought.
Original description

I've tried to include my problem in the title but here are some more details:

Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex running Mono 1.9.1 and SVN 313.
Copied over client files from a windows install, followed the instructions to install from SVN, launched it in Mono, everything works fine, I log in to the admin account, create a character, run around for a bit (wondering why I spawned in something haven instead of Brit, all shards I've played on you spawn in Brit :p) until I decide to log out....

Now where it gets weird, log back in, go to resume the character I created, I log in and the character is invisible and can't move. I can [teleport around, everything else seems to work, but I can't see myself or move. Sometimes see part of my glitch when teleporting but it's only a flash.

Creating another character once again works until I log out and log back in, same symptoms.

Any ideas?

As I created another char I found that logging off on ground with less altitude allowed me to log back normally, swapped over to a stuck character again and [teleport'ed to lower ground and noticed that the problem seems to be that these chars are logging in underground :/ Any ideas as to the cause and/or how to fix it?

Edit 2: Teleporting from high ground while able to move to another tile on high ground puts me underground again :/

robynuo

Sorceror
My guess would be that your client version you run UO from and the client version you play are different.
Check if both are patched to the same version.

Bobly

Wanderer
Doh I forgot the last custom shard I was on limited the patch to 5.0.6.c >.< Patching up now.
Saying that though, I got the files on the server by copying from the client so the data files should be the same, client and server might not.

Patching now, if anyone reads this before I have time to see if this fixes it, how do you find out what version the server is running?

Bobly

Wanderer
Restricting client version to 5.0.6b, it seems that could be the problem, it looks like I'll need to fix my wine problem to get patching to work properly (having X server $DISPLAY issues when trying to forward X over SSH, weird error :)).

I'll work on getting patching to work on the server and then see if that fixes my problems :)