RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character File.. modifications out of game

Dian

Sorceror
Character File.. modifications out of game

Maybe i am overlooking this, But is there a way to adjust a character's skills/stats at least, that does not require the server running and the character standing with you?
I actually have not tested that either, I just realized there is no file holding the PC info. besides Accounts.bin of course.
If not, Is it getting worked out

I know others as well as myself have player characters that will need transfered and adjusted at some point of an opening shard :)
I would much rather sit down and do the adjusting on a file, than have players come and page me when they are ready to log in, Interupting what i am working on, etc.. ( that gets very old fast, lol ) to adjust thier skills, etc..

K

Krazy_zack

In sphere there was an "allshow" command which allowed you to see all players (even those logged off) so if we had a similar command you could do the editing without having to wait for players to login. (this was also an excellent diagnostic tool so... Wink Wink @the RunUO dev's)

L

loupgarou

what he means is that there should be structured file for worldsave/account files. it will also assist with the building of 3rd party tools (eg: statistics gathering, manual tweaking etc). rather than requiring the server to be up all the time.)

Dian

Sorceror
What i am meaning is.. Like with POL.

POL\data\accounts.txt

this file you have the accounts listed, with complete info of everything. the e-mail adress, the last IP adress, Active/Inactive status of that account, the account name/password, etc..

POL\data\pc.txt

this file shows the complete character file..
the account this character is created from, the stats this character has, from last log out, the skills this character has at last log out, the fame/karma level this character has at last log out, the CMD level of this character, the Fame and Karma titles of the character, and so on.

What i am asking, is there going to be somthing similar to these files, that we will have to adjust a created character's stuff. So we can make transfering players accounts at least that much easier. I know that alone would be enough for me. Transfering items is not really a concern. (for me)

krrios

Administrator
RunUO account and world saves are binary. Accounts are saved in Acconts.bin, the world in *.tdb, *.idx, *.bin.

Character transfer sounds perfect for a RunUO script.