RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check statics for item ID?

Safera

Page
Does anyone know if there is a tool or UOFiddler addon or anything to check all of your statics to see if u are using a certain itemid?

e.g. Someway to see and see if I am using a certain wall, for example, so that I can delete it in my art.muls to make room if it's something I'm not using anywhere on the map?

I would think a UOFiddler extension would be the best idea for this. But if anyone knows of any way to check this, that would be great. Thx.

Hammerhand

Knight
So in other words, my house could end up with walls made of goo with feet sticking out of it? Heres an idea... why not just use the unused stuff for new items? :p

Nockar

Sorceror
If you have your server on a window 7 machine or other OS that allow searching you can search for certain 0x1234 numbers that you think might be in use in your scripts. They might be using ranges though.

You could search in UO fiddler for certain names of items and all that.

Aside form that a person pretty much has to know what’s in the world and what isn’t. I don’t know of any way to search the world. There might be a way to do a [command to search for 0x numbers. But I don’t know if that would actually search for items frozen into the mul files.

Safera

Page
Hammerhand: because most of our slots are used up so I want to make more space.

Nockar: Was hoping someone knew of something. There are quite a few of us working together and the entire map is custom. A lot of Stygian Abyss graphics, for instance, aren't being used....hence my desire to find and remove unnecessary artwork.

You can use UOFiddler to check the statics.mul to see if any statics are below ground, which means you should be able to do a similar check for unused id numbers. Just must not be something that someone else has needed.

You can also export tiledata.mul as a .csv file, which would allow me to go through it myself, but, unfortunately, u can't export the statics.mul.

Oh well. If anyone does end up finding something, keep me posted. Thx.