RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleanup question

Cleanup question

Everything has been going fine compiling sccripts but suddenly I am getting the following message after compiling is complete. This is not an error message but it comes up everytime now.

Cleanup: Detected 5 hair and facial hair items being worn, converting to their virtual counterparts. .

My shard is still in test stages - not open to public. Just me and another account I created as a player to test things. I deleted the player account, Saved the world then recompiled. Now I get this message.

Cleanup: Detected 9 hair and facial hair items being worn, converting to their virtual counterparts. .

Seems my shard is growing more and more hair *smiles*

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this and how I can prevent it?

Thanks

sAEder

Wanderer
Do you have any custom scripts installed that were for older versions of RunUO? Because just as the Cleanup says, something created Hair/Facial Hair items on your server but these are no longer used (as you might be familiar with).

Could result from npc scripts or something like that ported from an older version.

wildman1920

Wanderer
i get the same message as well and there are otehr post that relate to this topic. Its harmless to your shard but like you said it would be nice to just clean it up. Ive read in other post that its from other scripts that have npc or monsters a certain way. you would have to find that part in those scripts and delete or modify it to a current look. Which i think would be pretty much impossible to do, considering all the custom scripts i have personally. lol so i dont even bother to look through them all.

uokgames;844345 said:
Well to be honest I think its a Distro file. Started for me when I got Distro's But its not a big deal.

I want to thank everyone for the support and replies. Yes it would be nice to eliminate but at least now I am not worrying about it.

Thx again, :)

sAEder

Wanderer
It has to be a custom file. I have never expierienced such an error and don't use any custom script other then my own. And i don't think that the RunUO devs would include something in their distros that they self declared deprecated, do you?

Xeevis

Sorceror
Theres little guide how to solve the issue
1) Despawn/spawn your entire shard (if you have XMLSpawner2 you can use command [xmlspawnerrespawnall if not then you have to find a way for your type of spawner cuz i dont know how to do it with any other. I use only XMLSpawner :)
PS 1) If you don't you won't find mobiles which are being created with wrong hair, since they were already repaired with cleanup script. But once someone kills them, they'll again respawn with wrong hair.
2) Once respawned save your world and take it down
3) Download this little script I just wrote into your Scripts directory (from attachment)
4) Open Scripts/Misc/Cleanup.cs
4b) Around line 125 comment out these 2 lines so they are not executed
Code:
[COLOR="red"]//[/COLOR]for ( int i = 0; i < hairCleanup.Count; i++ )
[COLOR="red"]//[/COLOR]hairCleanup[i].ConvertHair();
5) Run the server
6) Write command [haireater

This will create log file inside your RunUO folder of all mobile types which are wearing hair and beards as items instead of virtuals. Then you have to search for them in scripts and replace something like this

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Item hair = new Item( Utility.RandomList( 0x203B, 0x2049, 0x2048, 0x204A ) );
hair.Hue = Utility.RandomNeutralHue();
hair.Layer = Layer.Hair;
hair.Movable = false;
AddItem( hair )[/COLOR];
to this
Code:
[COLOR="Green"]HairItemID = Race.RandomHair( Female );
HairHue = Race.RandomHairHue();[/COLOR]

Same apply for facial hair, look out for it too.

Attachments

• HairEater.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 15