RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

client 7.0.24 messing runuo up

Draegen

Sorceror
Okay so i updated. to 7.0.24

well tryed to run runuo and asked me where the uofiles was LOL. i was like wtf.

So any way i looked and the change shit in the uo folder again. renamed all the map files to .uop files and removed all mapdifs. So im asuming the changed the files and runuo lastest svn will not fix this.

Any one have a clue whats going on and how to fix this so i can get my shard back online.

Or should i convert back to 7.0.23 and not update?

UO Released a new patch today, it updated the client and the mul files, converting them to UOP file formats(Same as the EC Client files), so as of todays patch (publish 75), RunUO will not work. Today marks the end of where RunUO can go unless the UOP files are cracked.

Draegen

Sorceror
Well i guess emus are just DOOOM. danm we didnt even get a warning. lol EA/OSI way to dshut down emus doom them all

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to ask this question here but the razor forums don't work. Did this kill razor?
Razor still works, but is having issues reading some files (like item art and map files). Things I've noticed so far that broke as a results of this are displaying item images in the title bar, and the UO positioning system is now mostly black (it does still show statics).

The damage appears to be limited to only a few files. At the moment, I would recommend running your server off a 7.0.23.1 (or older) client, until support for the new map files is added to RunUO. Edit: Support for the UOP packed map files is added in RunUO SVN 851. If you don't have an SVN checkout or can't rebuilt the core, another solution is to just keep a 7.0.23.1 client around and set your CustomPath variable in Scripts\Misc\DataPath.cs to its directory.

If you need to downgrade, you can grab an older client installer here:
http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20110617/UOClassicSetup_7_0_15_1.exe

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
RunUO has been updated to read the current UOP packed map files. (SVN 851)

If anyone experiences issues, please let us know.

mumuboy

Sorceror
I updated my client on accident and now I am kicking myself as I wait for Razor. :| I may just reinstall UO until razor is updated :(

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
It's more than just the maps, they converted the rest of the files as well. The format won't be nothing the community can't tackle.

mumuboy

Sorceror
There is a file called PackerLite.exe which is used to convert the MUL files to UOP files. If anything, someone could reverse engineer that to figure it out.

Also it seems that the MUL files are still there, even after the update to 7.024.3.

Eos, are only the map files used by RunUO that were converted to UOP format?

EDIT: Also what is the difference between map1xLegacyMUL.uop and map1LegacyMUL.uop for example?
A quick comparison, it looks like the portion RunUO reads is exactly the same.

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
The files that changed to UOP for me are:
  • mapX.mul
  • mapXx.mul
  • sound.mul
  • gumpart.mul
  • art.mul
It seems they left the rest. And yes, what they did isn't very complicated, they just wrapped the muls into a UOP file format, probably for patching purposes, and they'll probably do it to other files in the future as well. Only a UOP (or MYP file) header is added to the top, and the old MUL file is divided into chunks, prepended with small headers, and put sequentially in the file. Pretty basic.

It's very doable to make a UOP to MUL converter. MUL to UOP might be a little more difficult, I haven't checked whether the (what appear to be) file hashes need to be accurate in some way.

AD HOH

Sorceror
use 7.0.24.3 with SVN 851, there still issues when location.x >6400, for example in heartwood and Twisted Weald