RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client.exe Common Language Runtime Error. Client is NOT opening. Please Help!

Neronn

Wanderer
Client.exe Common Language Runtime Error. Client is NOT opening. Please Help!

I'm under Windows XP Professional Portuguese Brazilian with Service Pack 1a (same language as the OS)
I've installed DirectX 9.0b, .NET Framework with the same language as my system (PTBR), and downloaded the managed libraries at RunUO site.
But when I double click krrios Client.exe, I get this error msg:

Client.exe Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x6bo (3412), Thread id=0xb1c (3416).

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

Can someone tell me what is wrong? I wonder if krrios runs ONLY under english version of .NET Framework. Anyway, i'm lost! I've heard so much about this miraculous piece of software, i REALLY want to try it out!

Somebody, HELP!

psz

Administrator
Which version of the .Net Framework did you get? 1.0? 1.1?

And you made sure it's the Framework, and *NOT* the SDK, right?

Neronn

Wanderer
I have v1.1
.NET Framework not SDK.
Just today i found out that maybe the managed libs installation has issues.
I asked zippy on mIRC if the managed libs installation was supposed to show like a step-by-step confirmation install, and he said yes.
Then I figured this might be my problem: Mine just appears like it is extracting some filed, then it dissapears, it doesn't show any step-by-step confirmation boxes, like the normal installers.

I wonder if it is because the managed libs file is not the same language that the Framework i'm using?

Neronn

Wanderer
I have seen that many people are having the same problem.
Perhaps krrios would have a way to fix it?

akrondar

Wanderer
probably the problem wasn´t the client.., i think the problem is with our knowlogde about how to install it :(

sorry for my english... i talk spanish XD

psz

Administrator
Yes, you need the DirectX Managed Library files (Regular DirectX is not enough)

akrondar

Wanderer
Neronn said:
I have v1.1
.Then I figured this might be my problem: Mine just appears like it is extracting some filed, then it dissapears, it doesn't show any step-by-step confirmation boxes, like the normal installers.

i think that is the problem.. maybe it must be done manually.. but iwe just don´t know how :(

Neronn

Wanderer
psz, i did try to install the managed libraries, but it closes every time i try.
unless this is the real way it installs itself, this may be the problem.
i will format my computer right now (it was really needing anyways) and be back in about 2 hours with the results.

IF there is a way to install the managed libs manually, please say how!

Neronn

Wanderer
I formated, installed everthing over, even installed the english version of .net framework and didn't work. still getting the same exact error.
by the way, the installation of the managed libraries continues as it was before, dissapearing, not showing any confirmation dialog box, or anything alike.

I'm lost. I don't know what else to do. I guess all i can do now is wait for someone witch had the same problem to tell me how to fix it. (IF it is fixable in this version of the client.)

Any sugestions would be welcome.

Neronn

Wanderer
a friend tried to install, he said that the managed libs file installed the same way it installs here in my computer (by disapperaing), and THE CLIENT OPENED!
so i asked what video card he had, and i awnsered GForce.
i guess this is it.
i had a greatly supported Voodoo 4 4500 Card, witch the company who produces it broke years ago, and was buyed by nVidia.
So, all i can do now is wait for krrios do kindly add support for voodoo card in his client, if that is possible, since there is no good driver with nice support for directx 9 for voodoo cards yet.

psz

Administrator
Neronn said:
a friend tried to install, he said that the managed libs file installed the same way it installs here in my computer (by disapperaing), and THE CLIENT OPENED!
so i asked what video card he had, and i awnsered GForce.
i guess this is it.
i had a greatly supported Voodoo 4 4500 Card, witch the company who produces it broke years ago, and was buyed by nVidia.
So, all i can do now is wait for krrios do kindly add support for voodoo card in his client, if that is possible, since there is no good driver with nice support for directx 9 for voodoo cards yet.

This will not happen.

The krrios client uses TnL for certain features. The VooDoo 4 does not support this feature.

Neronn

Wanderer
How about a TnL emulator?
I've tried 3dAnalyzer, but i didn't work. I'm not sure i got the right options selected though. Won't krrios make a version that comes with an option to choose not to use the TnL features? Or perhaps and TnL emulator that comes inside the client, or together with it.

There are still many 3dfx and other no-TnL supported card users out there.
Will they be doomed to the neverending suffer of use normal-crappy-ultra-simple OSI clients?

Sugestions, please!

psz

Administrator
Well, most cards at the $100 mark at this point HAVE TnL (I don't think a TnL emu would be, to be blunt, worth it.)

Virtually any new card built by virtually any manufacturer at almost every price range supports TnL.

3Dfx is no longer supported by ANYone. Even nVidia has more or less killed off support for them. That would be like saying "I have this Rendition Verite 2100 card, and I want to play Doom 3". No, it's just not going to happen.

If you really want to use the KUOC at this point, you need a newer (even if it's cheap) video card.

(Just make sure that if you DO get a $100 card that it supports TnL :-P Some stores still have older cards in that price range that DON'T support TnL :-/)

Neronn

Wanderer
what about older versions?
i know their are not supported, but i was thinking maybe beta 7 or lower wouldn't require TnL.
do anybody know anything about this?

Phantom

Knight
Neronn said:
what about older versions?
i know their are not supported, but i was thinking maybe beta 7 or lower wouldn't require TnL.
do anybody know anything about this?

NO!

This won't happen. Either take our advice or don't use the client. If its not worth the $80-100 then don't buy a card, don't use it, and use the default client.

Your not missing a whole alot, Krrios client is slightly better its nothing amazing, nothing new, just well custom.

i have the same settings, winxp sp1 portuguese etc, when i clicked the managed library installer a progress bar appeared flastly, i think it is installed now, the client opens now :D

TRS555

Wanderer
not the card
I have ATI 9700 XT and i have same exact problem,
assuming it has TnL support...
mdxredist (dx manage lib) does same exact thing doesn't install or at least i don't think it does