RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client version for artwork

Hello!

I heard rumors that some of the artfiles in UO had been changed. Has anyone got a recommended client version to run on? Or atleast a version not to go over?

Or is this bullshit that someone tricked me with?

Thanks

Dian

Sorceror
No BS about it. You would want client version 7.0.24 or lower to be able to modify the art (or other *.mul files). I dont know the exact version, but its within the 7.0.24.x area.

If you are uncertain, open your client folder (the installed UO folder in your program files folder) and see what your ART file is. If itis art.mul then you are okay, if it is named art.uop ( or any *.UOP) you have a client that, at this current time, can not be edited with the common tools out there.

Hope that helps.

Macil

Sorceror
Why hasn't a tool been made yet? Does anyone have the knowledge to build one? (I certainly don't! heh).

If anyone around here DOES have the knowledge to build such a tool, I'd be willing to pay for its creation, for all of the community to benefit from of course.

Dian

Sorceror
Actually, it seems Im mistaken somewhat. UO Fiddler seems to have a plugin to convert *.mul to *.uop

I did not realize that.

Safera

Page
There are public conversion tools for going one way, but not for going back the other, which is a shame.

grimm92

Sorceror
Hello everyone! I am putting custom art into my server, I have client 6.0.1.10 and I have it show free spaces and there isnt a whole lot of room to add custom art. Is there any way to open up more free spaces? I dont mean to jack the thread but just thought more people would wanna know when choosing a client for custom art!