RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client Version

mordero

Knight
Ok, I dont know much about the SDK, but I am trying to mess with making a PHP client (log in, walk around, etc just seeing if it is possible) and I know that the client version is sent when you log in, so you would have to change it before the client logs into the server...

RHYMES

Wanderer
Ok, I dont know why u want to change the version but remember the protocol for gumps changed around 5. something so you might get messed up gumps if you do it. As Far as doing it, load up your favorite memory sniffer, I think there is a good one called gamer cheater or Olly, search for the exact string of the version and you can change it before the client logs into the server. This should work.

Anyone know of a FREE memory searcher and changer?

Also note, you can use the SDKs search memory proccess thing and construct a system that can search for Ints, Bools, Floats (if there are any), Strings, chars, shorts. That would be leet tool for UO if there isnt one. Extension for the SDK.

Rhymes

ItsMe

Wanderer
Manipulating the Clients Version, i can force players to only use my client in my server by checking in "ClientVersion.cs".

And maybe creating a "LaunchPad" i can avoid programs like Razor.

One time i saw a library that could modify the clients version for this purpose, but i lost it :(

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
ItsMe said:
Manipulating the Clients Version, i can force players to only use my client in my server by checking in "ClientVersion.cs".

And maybe creating a "LaunchPad" i can avoid programs like Razor.

One time i saw a library that could modify the clients version for this purpose, but i lost it :(

Why don't you just add, checks that will close the process if its a certain version.

You don't need to change the version number to do what you want.

brodock

Sorceror
i think you are talking about it...
i still having the source here... i don't know about the author... i think it's inside the code commented somewhere.

Attachments

• VerChanger.zip
    48 KB · Views: 89