RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ClientVersion

ARPG

Page
Okay, I first off admit that I'm an idiot. I installed RunUO 2.1 and started the server with client 7.0.16.1 installed. Figured out pretty quick what a dumb idea that was. So I reuploaded 7.0.6.1 back up to the server. Now I'm getting errors that my client version is too old. I haven't used RunUO since 2.0, and that was a while ago, so I can't for the life of me figure out where I can set the proper version. I thought it was in ClientVerification, but I'm not seeing it there. Any ideas?

robynuo

Sorceror
It should take the client version from the runuo server as basis.
Are you sure your server links to the old version and not still to the updated one?

Else it must be in the saves files though I doubt it?

ARPG

Page
I cheated and just turned off verification for now. I'd like to figure out where it's getting the new version from, I've replaced everything with the correct 7.0.6.5 version The newer version is long gone but it keeps trying to tell me that the server requires it. Oh well.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Scripts/Misc/ClientVerification.cs, line 100.

It's getting the version number from the client.exe wich is in the directory from the DataPath.cs.

Maybe you still have registry keys wich are detected by the DataPath.cs script and they found the client.exe of the wrong version.

Just check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic folder if there still is a client.exe.

ARPG

Page
No client.exe, and this is running on a Linux server under mono. So I doubt there are any registry entries.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
You have edited DataPath.cs to make it point to the folder wich contains UO files.

Check in that folder wich client.exe is there.

Otherwise in ClientVerification.cs you may specify a Required version number manually and then set the m_DetectClientRequirement on false.

ARPG

Page
There is NO client.exe Deleted that long ago. The hard set is for the correct version, yet it still requires the newer, non-compatible version. I'm about to just do the mods and get everyone to patch up.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
As I said above, just change de Required variable in ClientVerification.cs ... (line 98)

And put m_DetectClientRequirement on false (line 23).

It won't annoy you again.