RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliloc.enu

Enroq

Sorceror
Within the files provided to players is a Cliloc, which we use to provide custom context menu entries. The problem I'm having is that the cliloc that works for me, produces an error, returning the cliloc ID for those using different client versions.

What are my options, should I provide multiple clilocs?

HellRazor

Knight
The cliloc files are client-side, so to use custom cliloc files with your server, every client that connects needs to use your custom cliloc files. Otherwise, the client will report an error due to that cliloc entry being missing.

I believe there are ways to do context menu entries entirely server-side, if you hunt in the custom scripts section.

Enroq

Sorceror
I'm using the same cliloc on both clients - I'm testing a bunch of client versions, and when I use 4.0.1 it throws a megacliloc error, when I use 6.0.1 it's fine

HellRazor

Knight
Aha. Older clients use a different format for the cliloc files. I'm not sure what version they switched to the newer format, but it was quite a while ago (somewhere in the 5.x.x series I think).