RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community software update complete!

W

whispers

black skin seems bugged now, am i the only one getting black text in certain places where it should be white?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Awesome, are things like old links fixed to direct to the new ones or anything? I'm guessing you plan on adding more forum styles too? I love the new software compared to VBulletin. I know VBulletin was very stable and everything, I just never cared for it much. Can't wait to see what else changes you make around here, I'm sure you're not done with everything.

Btw...a bunch of the text in your sig doesn't show very well because of the style I'm using.

Edit: Erm...it also appears the reply, edit, and remove stuff also shows in black.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
black skin seems bugged now, am i the only one getting black text in certain places where it should be white?

The only skin you can "Count on" for right now is the "Default Style".

Until we're on 1.0.0 (stable) and out of beta for XenForo we will not be able to promise the skins work.

After the 1.0.0 stable release we will wait for our custom skin that's in the works to be updated before we do forum upgrades.

Thanks,
Ryan

Peoharen

Sorceror
Spiffy. So far I like it. Judging by your beta comments Xeno is completely new. I can say the gray skin is working for me and I'm running firefox.

I tried logging into IRC today at irc.runuo.com to see if you had that working and I got
It works!
This is the default web page for this server.
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
And I laughed. Guess you are already on it.

Spiffy. So far I like it. Judging by your beta comments Xeno is completely new. I can say the gray skin is working for me and I'm running firefox.

I tried logging into IRC today at irc.runuo.com to see if you had that working and I got

And I laughed. Guess you are already on it.
thats not how you connect to irc via web, irc.runuo.com is how you connect with an irc client.

the web based irc is: http://www.runuo.com/community/runuo_irc/ the same as the link up top

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I suggest X-Chat 2 over Chatzilla. X-Chat was always great it's self, then they turned it into software you had to buy. But someone released X-Chat 2 with an old source and has been updating it and working on it. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.silverex.org/news/

gilgamash

Knight
Gee, what I really like is that there are conversations now, that rocks!
Thanks for the new forums, Ryan and everyone involved!
Oh, what are "followers" and why do I "follow" someone? Is it like the old "friends"?

G.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Believe it works like following people on twitter, or at least something like it. If you follow people I believe you get alerts when they make new topics or something. I could be wrong though...I haven't bothered trying to follow anyone yet.