RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Companions?

Grimoric

Sorceror
Hello,

Just a question. Is not companion missing? The new playar help volunteer program on OSI
servers? You can even make a character with the name today on RunUO but this was
protected on OSI servers.

Companion [Username]

--
public enum AccessLevel
{
Player,
Counselor,
GameMaster,
Seer,
Administrator,
Developer,
Owner
}
--

I was a Companion on Europa and and got the internal manual with rules and info
sent to me from OSI. I had version 1.0 from "The Second Age" but I think it is
lost forever, but I found version 2.0 from Renaissance on old CD backup.

Yes, i know it's "Confidential Information" marked in it but it was like 10 years ago.

*Added* Oh, and I did forgot the Senior Companion he had a black "GM" robe on Europa. Normal
companions had their standard player items. I never see a Arch Companion or a Regional Senior
Companion so I got no info about how they was dressed.

*Added2* The link to a patch info page with info then Companions was added.
http://web.archive.org/web/20000303204351/http://update.uo.com/design_25.html

Attachments

• Companion.Handbook.v2.0b.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 21

tindo

Sorceror
Funny, I just did a system very similar to that for the shard I am working on. Basically created a new accesslevel called "Mentor" and changed some things so they can go to any player. Also if no staff is online, they can answer pages.

Grimoric

Sorceror
What you described as Mentor sounds like a Counselor (Blue robed GM). They worked under GMs.
If a GM got a page and did see it was some easy issue they passed it down to a Counselor and if no
GM could take the call, then Counselor could take a look at the issue.

What I understood is that the tree looks something like this.

╔══>Director of Player Relation (not in game)(OSI)
╠══>Call Center Manager (not in game)(OSI)
╠══>Account Administrator (not in game)(OSI)
╚╦═>Player Releations Manager (not in game)(OSI)
..╠╦═>Game Master Lead (OSI)
..║╚══>Game Masters (OSI)
..╠═╦═>Conselor Cordinator (not in game)(OSI)
..║..╠══>Shard Lead Counselors (OSI)
..║..╠══>Senior Counselors(Volunteer)
..║..╚══>Counselors(Volunteer)
..╠═╦═>Companion Coordinator (not in game)(OSI) - Is this the Arch Companion?
..║..╠══>Regional Senior Companion (OSI)
..║..╠══>Senior Companions (Volunteer)
..║..╚══>Companions (Volunteer)
..╚═╦═>Interest Manager (not in game)(OSI)
......╚╦═>Interest Game Master (OSI)
........╠══>Trubadours (Volunteer)
........╠══>Seers (Volunteer)
........╚══>Elders (Volunteer)

1. Game Masters and Conselors was helpers.
2. Companions was new player helpers (They seeked out new players and check how they doing)
3. Interest Game Master, Trubadours and Seers was making scanarios, events and blessed player towns. IGM planned it. Seers played monsters. Trubadours told players what to do next.
4. Elders was the ones that a IGM could ask for server information like what player towns or guildwars there was on a server.

tindo

Sorceror
Not really, Counselors did not play the game and wore a blue robe. I still have Counselors and they get blue robes. However, my Mentors wear normal clothing and have no protection against aggressive creatures or even pk's. They only have the ability to go to a player to assist them and they only see a page if no staff is online. I would say they are more like the Companions. In fact the only difference I see is that I don't use a new player queue (I dont use young status) so they can go to any player. They also have a "flag" they can turn off.

Was neat seeing the Companion Book, thanks for sharing that!