RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compatibility with Stygian Abyss?

zander11891

Sorceror
Hi, I'm new to the SVN version of RunUO. Is it compatible with Stygian Abyss or only Mondain's Legacy? Thanks. :)

Edit: I've tried running SVN on Windows XP to see if I could play Stygian Abyss... it seemed to be working fine until I log in which then it freezes.

HellRazor

Knight
It supports the newest version of the client (so far as being able to use it to log in and play) but no SA features (Gargoyles, etc.). They might have Ter Mur map enabled (haven't checked) but that's about it. No Gargoyle race selection, etc. However, there is an SA fork of RUO available on google code.

zander11891

Sorceror
I downloaded an SVN version off google code that came with the SA stuff. One of three things happen when I log in: 1. I can move around for a few seconds but then I freeze. 2. I die right upon login (Which actually I find quite funny :p). 3. I create my character and login but I get a message saying I entered the wrong password.

I use the SA client with the 7.0.11.3 patch (the latest one last time I checked). Any ideas? Here's the link I downloaded it from if you want to check it out. http://code.google.com/p/runuomondains/downloads/list

Thanks for your help. :)

HellRazor

Knight
That isn't the link for the Stygian Abyss fork, that is the link for the Mondain's Legacy fork.

Regardless, check your client again because those problems are caused by an incompatibility between the server and the client. You're either:

1 - Using an old client with an updated server
2 - Using a new client with an old server, or
3 - You haven't configured the server properly - If you are running your shard on a client version before 7.0.9.0 you need to make sure that "MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false; " otherwise set it to true - in MapDefinitions.cs.

Also, since you are using Mondain's Legacy code, you won't get most of the SA stuff. You want to instead download the SA fork (which includes the ML stuff also):

http://sa-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

You want to use something like Tortoise SVN to download it, then EXPORT a working copy. There are some threads in the forums as to how to use Tortoise SVN and how to compile your server.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Ok I decided to look into this a bit... I've got the latest SVN from Orbsydia's SA project which includes the ML packages available here in it's SVN. Make sure you use the SVN if you use the zipped up rar file available for download you get all kinda freaky issues, like freezes etc. Using the SVN I haven't had any problems once I compiled it with the latest available Mono from Ubuntu's repositories. I've even added in some other custom scripts without issue and spawned everything except Ter Mur using a backup Spawn File I made using XML Spawner.

kat20

Sorceror
Hello my question is - If you download the SA version does it come with or is it fully compatible with Nurons Distro? And are all ML quests active? I have a feeling the best stable version with all quests and spawns loading correctly is Calidors? I had a SA installed with Nurons however it did not support ML quests as well as many ML dungeons etc. I found that many ML parts were missing all together. I was wondering if I am correct in this assumption? or if perhaphs this is a newer version? Thank you in advance.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Hello my question is - If you download the SA version does it come with or is it fully compatible with Nurons Distro? And are all ML quests active? I have a feeling the best stable version with all quests and spawns loading correctly is Calidors? I had a SA installed with Nurons however it did not support ML quests as well as many ML dungeons etc. I found that many ML parts were missing all together. I was wondering if I am correct in this assumption? or if perhaphs this is a newer version? Thank you in advance.

The SVN from Orbsydia merges in Calindor's package with the SA stuff, so you get all the ML support and Nerun's Distro, along with XML Spawner.

Remember though you have to use [settingsml to turn the ML dungeons, quests, and locations on in order to use them...

kat20

Sorceror
Thank you for the responce PappaSmurf! I have one other question. Is this safe for a small production shard? I have tried to do some research in this matter and it seems to be up and down with no one really knowing what is going on? I have tried to look the Orbsydia site up and seem to not get many answeres there either. As cool as the gargoyls and SA stuff is, I would much rather use a solid RunUO or SVN server than use one that is not. Thanks in advance

PappaSmurf

Knight
I've found it reasonably stable, though there are some bugs in the works concerning the abyss area that would prevent me from recommending it for a live use.

Hi ,I used [settingsml enabled everything except for some reason public donations wont turn on not sure if i really need it but still the same i click on it and it won't light up green....also some quest givers missing in the underworld how to get them working? but thanks for that imput PappaSmurf didn't know anything about that setting.