RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compiling and running RunUO on Ubuntu 9.10

Felladrin

Sorceror
Compiling and running RunUO on Ubuntu 9.10

Information:

I intended to write a complete 'tutorial', step by step how to compile RunUO successfully in Ubuntu 9.10, but due the lack of time I have to post only the summary.

These were the threads I've read to get it working:

This is how you do it:

The easiest way to do this without needing to use the terminal, is to make a executable file with the right commands:

Create a new empty file, wherever you want. Open it and paste the commands below:

Code:
sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs libmono-winforms2.0-cil subversion

svn export http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/

mv devel runuo

cd runuo

gmcs -optimize -unsafe -d:MONO -out:RunUO.exe -win32icon:Server/runuo.ico -recurse:Server/*.cs

echo "<configuration>" >> RunUO.exe.config
echo "	<dllmap dll=\"libz\" target=\"libz.so.1.2.3.3\"/>" >> RunUO.exe.config
echo "</configuration>" >> RunUO.exe.config

Save and close. Now right-click it and change its properties/permissions to enable to be an executable file. (I don't what's the name of the option in english, as my Ubuntu is in portuguese.)

Now you just need to double-click the file and click Run in Terminal. After a while you will see a 'runuo' folder in the same folder of this file. Inside you should see this files:

If it's ok, your RunUO is ready!

Running the server:

This is quite easy. Just create a new empty file on RunUO folder with the following command:

mono RunUO.exe

Save, close and set it as an executable, as done previously. You can rename it to RunUO, for example, and create a shortcut on desktop.

Now you can execute RunUO double-cliking the file you just created. Select 'Run in Terminal', when prompted, to see the server console in action.

What does each one of those commands do?

sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs libmono-winforms2.0-cil subversion
Check if you have gmcs, windows forms and subeversion installed. If not, it will install for you. You will need to enter you password and allow it to download extra necessary packages. You can remove this lines if you know you have them installed.

svn export http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/
Exports the latest runuo files to a local folder named 'devel'.

mv devel runuo
Renames the folder 'devel' to 'runuo'.

cd runuo
Enters the folder.

gmcs -optimize -unsafe -d:MONO -out:RunUO.exe -win32icon:Server/runuo.ico -recurse:Server/*.cs
Use gmcs to compile all the .cs files on Server folder to create RunUO.exe.

echo "..." >> RunUO.exe.config
The sequence writes 3 lines on a file named RunUO.exe.config and saves it on the same folder as RunUO.exe. This is needed as explained here (link).

mono RunUO.exe
Execute RunUO using MONO, that provides the necessary software to develop and run .NET applications.

Commands that maybe useful:

Type mono -V on terminal to see what version of mono you have.

Type locate libz on terminal to find libz installed on your system.

Some notes:

You can ignore the 169, 219, 414 and 618 warnings while compiling the core, as explained here (link).

I prefer to use Export instead Checkout the svn, but it's up to you.

I used Ubuntu 32-Bit and Mono 2.4.2.3.

I hope it helps some people I've seen around with the same doubts.

Please, if I wrote something wrong, tell me, and feel free to ask your questions or give suggestions.

Erucid

Sorceror
Awesome. I was looking for this the other day and was surprised when I resumed my search today and found something of value.

I followed these steps and it appears that it installed and setup without problems. At least, I got no errors. I did get some warnings, most end in "its value is never used" and "is obsolete: `Use blahblah instead'.

I still need to connect a client to it, but I'm not able to at this time. I'll report back if I succeed or not.

gunkar

Sorceror
Hi,
I'm having trouble compiling the scripts, when you mean libz what package are you refering to?