RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert or modify old mul files to support new SA/HS format

fwiffo

Sorceror
*SOLVED lot of time ago, see below*
Hello all,

What I was wondering, since I'm in the middle of a full server upgrade (and to tell you, the code update was the most easy thing to do...not counting that even in that, we are bound to old pre-AOS system), and since I didn't find anything useful outside and inside this forum, does anyone know of a tool/program/way to get a full export/import in new formats or better, to just save existing muls in new format compatible to SA/HS... I'm not very well in the file formats, so this question is also for anyone that maybe can clear up my doubts, since the harder part for me is to upgrade a horde of custom graphic without having to redo the work (it would be a pain in the ass, to tell you what I think), not counting that original maps, statics etc don't exist no more in my realm...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share.

fwiffo

Sorceror
I had already done a conjunction of uofiddler + a server script/wrapper that translates automatically data from old tiledata.CSV to new format tiledata.CSV (formats outputted from uofiddler) and rewrites the whole file after all of this, I must thank the creators of uofiddler anyway, for this being possible.

If you need this I can pass the whole scripts that does this work, it's nothing exceptional it's a simple string parser, parses line by line the whole .csv file adding the new things needed by new .mul, with uofiddler you are able to do all of this (you need the c# script or even rewrite it as a separate console program, it's the same)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Im using UOFiddler adding new art and editing tiledata.mul. My issue is the search function in tiledata.mul it only will search to 16383 ML art but now we have abyss & high seas available and tons more slots up to 65535 I have UOFiddler source files. But, cant find how I can increase the parameters of the search function to include from 16383-65535

m309

Squire
otimpyre, I'm using a custom compiled Fiddler source as well, and when I search "16385" (Stygian Abyss) or "32768" (High Seas) even from within the AoS-ML dropdown, they come up properly just fine.

otimpyre

Sorceror
I'm reffering to search by # graphic or name whilst in the tiledata tab in the tiledata.mul area. It won't ever search past ML throws an out of range error. Ya I can manually scroll down and find my art and tiledata info. But, I can't use the search tool past ML

m309

Squire
Right, I understood what you meant. I'm searching the exact same way you are, and its working fine. Tiledata tab, Search button, type in a number in the top box.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Right, I understood what you meant. I'm searching the exact same way you are, and its working fine. Tiledata tab, Search button, type in a number in the top box.
Hmm I get it to search by name. Sometimes some searches throw the outta range even tho they are in the same block. Then I do search by number I get this error.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNodeCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at FiddlerControls.TileDatas.SearchGraphic(Int32 graphic, Boolean land)
at FiddlerControls.TileDatasSearch.SearchGraphic(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

m309

Squire
Definitely odd. Maybe something was changed between when either of us downloaded the source?