RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[copy [paste

uoexp

Wanderer
[copy [paste

I think there should be a [copy command and a [paste command. What it would do is copy one item then paste it some were else. Kinda like duping it but it never gose in your bag! You get what im saying? I think this would help out a lot for world building!

Punnikin

Wanderer
That would be kinda redundant, I think. All it would do is add more to the core code and add another command to remember.
If you wrote a small script that allowed [cut to copy the relevant information from the object and [paste to apply that information, then you'd have the command right there, and could modify it at your own discretion. That way you wouldn't have to dupe any thing, you could [paste (ctrl-Q) (ctrl-Q) to your heart's content.
The only problem would be the actual text buffer to maintain the copied information. Perhaps there would be a way to script a small buffer to hold the info for you. I can think of a few dozen uses for that already, and it wouldn't put any pressure on the coders. If you make the code public, people could easily adapt it to their situation and you would be a hero.
Be that hero.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Re: [copy [paste

uoexp said:
I think there should be a [copy command and a [paste command. What it would do is copy one item then paste it some were else. Kinda like duping it but it never gose in your bag! You get what im saying? I think this would help out a lot for world building!

Duping can do just that...

uoexp

Wanderer
yeah, its just a pain, like i was world building today and i had a item set to not movable, then i had to dupe it, make it movable, dupe like 10 place them all then make them not movable agin. I think it would just make it easyer for would building...

Wolverana

Wanderer
[dupeinbag is the only one I'm aware of outside your pack. Is there any other that is out there? I don't think there is at least lol.

[dupe is in your pack

[dupeinbag is in whatever container it happens to be in at the time

Vilord

Wanderer
Just tile whatever and do [gset movable false and they are all set not movable... or jsut tile it static...