RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corpse Retrieval [Fixed]

krazeykow

Sorceror
Corpse Retrieval [Fixed]

Corpse Retrieval [Fixed]

Supported Versions: RunUO 2.0 [RC1 & RC2]

Complaints of summoner not bringing corpse have now been fixed, this is the final version of the script.

*Special thanks to datguy and Ziyon for finding the problem.

The summoner's minion has been made immortal due to complaints of easy gold/tokens to kill ratio.

Summary

Do players complain about spending countless hours running to their corpse? The solution has arrived with the interactive corpse summoner. With an adjustable price, the summoner will list the last five corpses with loot for the player to choose from. The readout gives Time Left Till Decay | Items Present | Gold Present, to help the player choose the best corpse. When selected, the corpse will be brought to the player's location.

Features

*Requires no core modifications
*Remembers the last five corpses with loot
*Through [props - becomes banker, healer, priced healer
*Cleans empty corpses to improve server performance
*Provides 'role-play' like summons for RP servers

Installation

Two Choices:

CorpseRetrievalPackage - Without those with XML spawner, however an invisible item is added to player's backpack to keep track of corpses.

*Preferred*
CorpseRetrievalPackage_UsingXMLSpawner - An invisible item will NOT be added to player's backpack, but XML Spawner is required. - Thanks to datguy

[add corpsesummoner

Attachments

• CorpseRetrievalPackage_UsingXMLSpawner.cs
    31.7 KB · Views: 320
  • CorpseRetrievalPackage.cs
    26.4 KB · Views: 313

krazeykow

Sorceror
Amazingly, the fix to the 'summoner not bringing the corpse issue' was the error in a declaration to the map position. The system should now be fully functional.

All thanks should be directed towards datguy and Ziyon!

Deimos

Page
Question, is there a way to restrict where the corpses can be retreived from? Namely, from the Felucca map?

I thought adding something like this would do it, but apparently not

if (c == null || c.Deleted)
{
caller.SendMessage("Your corpse is beyond my reach.");
return;
}
{
if (c.Map = Map.Felucca)
caller.SendMessage("Sorry!");
return;
}

Deimos

Page
Still getting the same problem with corpses not being retrived (using the xml spawner one)

Doesn't show up in the list of corpses to claim
One corpse was in destard, level 2, the summoner was in Umbra, but it didn't pickup the lost corpse

krazeykow

Sorceror
Deimos;833160 said:
Still getting the same problem with corpses not being retrived (using the xml spawner one)

Doesn't show up in the list of corpses to claim
One corpse was in destard, level 2, the summoner was in Umbra, but it didn't pickup the lost corpse

Could you clarify a bit? Did the corpse show up on the menu and THEN you tried summoning it? Or does it simply not show up on the menu? (Empty corpses do not show up).

Also, are you using an edited version?

Deimos

Page
I'll have to double check when she's back on, but I wanted to reclaim one of my corpses and it didn't show in the list
But when I closed and reopened it, then it showed

I also noticed this error file in my runuo folder.

XmlSpawner2 Attachment Error Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1.3641, Build 28755
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.3607
XmlSpawner2: 3.24
Time: 23/03/2010 11:49:33

Error:
Error deserializing particular attachments.

Specific Attachment Errors:
Server.CorpseSystem.CorpseBookAtt - Missing a serial constructor?

krazeykow

Sorceror
Deimos;833474 said:
I'll have to double check when she's back on, but I wanted to reclaim one of my corpses and it didn't show in the list
But when I closed and reopened it, then it showed

I also noticed this error file in my runuo folder.

Well you have to reopen the menu for it to populate... perhaps the serializaiton on the attachment could affect the script remembering the corpses on restart (I didn't script the attachment) but I'll look into it).

Also, make sure that the corpse you're trying to get isn't empty, it does not include these.

fcondon

Sorceror
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but this is a great script, and it still works perfect. My only question is how do I get the corpsesummoner to show up in pandora and the [add mobile menu?

JamzeMcC

Squire
once you add the files to your custom folder (or where ever you have them) Restart and then [add corpsesummoner its right there. There isnt a way, as far as I know, to add it to pandoras. It will be in the [add search tho.