RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of Faction Questions

Crepti

Wanderer
Couple of Faction Questions

Just got factions up and running on my shard... But just so I know, is there anywayto do the following, in-game?

1) Raise/Lower a player's faction rank.
2) Alter the amount of Silver that's available to a faction.

And also, isn't a player supposed to recieve silver every time they kill an enemy faction member? My players say they're getting their Kill Points, but no silver... I have a number of players in the True Britannians faction, whose tithe rate is set to 50%, and there's no silver being given to either player nor faction when they kill an opposing faction member!

Any help would be good!

Phantom

Knight
Crepti said:
Just got factions up and running on my shard... But just so I know, is there anywayto do the following, in-game?

1) Raise/Lower a player's faction rank.
2) Alter the amount of Silver that's available to a faction.

And also, isn't a player supposed to recieve silver every time they kill an enemy faction member? My players say they're getting their Kill Points, but no silver... I have a number of players in the True Britannians faction, whose tithe rate is set to 50%, and there's no silver being given to either player nor faction when they kill an opposing faction member!

Any help would be good!

1) [props
2) Make silver give it to the commanding lord.

http://www.uo.com

Any question regading how Factions are suppose to work, can be found there.

And also, isn't a player supposed to recieve silver every time they kill an enemy faction member?

Not everytime, only when the rank is high enough.

My players say they're getting their Kill Points, but no silver... I have a number of players in the True Britannians faction, whose tithe rate is set to 50%, and there's no silver being given to either player nor faction when they kill an opposing faction member!

see above for answer.

Phantom, not to question you obviously, but I can not locate where to raise/lower someones faction ranking. I've looked through [props and can not find anything. I've checked everything I could think of, maybe I'm just an idiot?

Phantom

Knight
Barondaredevile said:
Phantom, not to question you obviously, but I can not locate where to raise/lower someones faction ranking. I've looked through [props and can not find anything. I've checked everything I could think of, maybe I'm just an idiot?

Rank is based on the number of kills the player has.

Look for that.

I thought that kills would affect that, although when you increase or decrease "kills" all that does is increase or decrease the longterm murders a person is responsible for.

joshw

Sorceror
by osi standards rank is not determined by kills its a combination of both kills and time spent in factio i have a faction theif on PAC who is rank 8 and hes only had 3 kills the entire time he was in faction. so im thinking it has to do with timespan also

Quantos

Lord
joshw said:
by osi standards rank is not determined by kills its a combination of both kills and time spent in factio i have a faction theif on PAC who is rank 8 and hes only had 3 kills the entire time he was in faction. so im thinking it has to do with timespan also

You should make sure that you can back that up with proof before you post something like that.

Maybe look here at UO Stratics.

As a testament to good ole' OSI, I have a faction mage on Napa, who has been in Minax for going on a year and a half now. I've totled a few more than 30-ish kills. My friend who joined at the same time, and doesn't pvp at all has well, 0 kills. He is ranked as I believe "Avenger of Mondain". While I am ranked a lowly "Executioner". So don't compare OSI factions to anything that makes sense. Either that or their system just doesn't like me.

Quantos

Lord
Barondaredevile said:
As a testament to good ole' OSI, I have a faction mage on Napa, who has been in Minax for going on a year and a half now. I've totled a few more than 30-ish kills. My friend who joined at the same time, and doesn't pvp at all has well, 0 kills. He is ranked as I believe "Avenger of Mondain". While I am ranked a lowly "Executioner". So don't compare OSI factions to anything that makes sense. Either that or their system just doesn't like me.

*shakes head in amazement*

Well, maybe it is then, but I can find nothing to support that in Stratics.

Phantom

Knight
Barondaredevile said:
I thought that kills would affect that, although when you increase or decrease "kills" all that does is increase or decrease the longterm murders a person is responsible for.

Wrong "kill" property.

Might not be possible to change it, that is by design and your going to have trouble changing it.

Ninja-AoI

Wanderer
Faction Rank is based on a Percentage.

Rank 1: Below less than 20% of the total Kill Points in your Faction
Rank 2 20% - 39%
Rank 3 40% - 49%
Rank 4 50% - 59%
Rank 5 60% - 69%
Rank 6 70% - 79%
Rank 7 80% - 89%
Rank 8 90% - 94%
Rank 9 95% - 99%
Rank 10 99.1% - 100%

Meaning if Bob is the only member of Minax and he has 60 Kill Points. Bob has 100% of the Kill points in Minax and there for would become Rank 10. (Ranks are adjusted and re-calculated every 24 hours.)

John joins Minax and quickly gains 40 Kill Points.

The next time ranks are adjusted, Bob would have 60% of the kill points, and drop Rank to Rank 5. John's new rank would be Rank 3 with 40% of the kill points in his Faction.

Evil Jason

Sorceror
To adjust rank in faction:

If you set the short term murders higher your rank goes up.

i took my poor little servant of the shadowlords and gave him 35 short term murders and wham, he was a purveyor of darkness.

I hope that helps.

not to get in your arguement i added my osi charecter on legends to minax when legends came back up i dont play osi any more just got on to see what his rank was i havent played in a good while and i have no kill point nor have i ever do to me playing a free shard but i am ranked 8 so it cant be entirely based on kills ill ask someone on osi staff though :]

Rykai

Wanderer
heh that makes you anyones target then. *chuckles*

I dont believe there is a way to log in start factions and be top rank. controlling cities all in one day. I do know that it is better to test/use factions with a player access toon,and not anything higher in priv's i cant tell you why or why not i know from trying to manipulate faction systems with admin char.i know that stealing the sigil and getting to your base works. at least the timers. What doesnt seem to work for some reason is the townstones. Perhaps they are only usable by commander and Sherrif? i havent achieved rank or have others involved to test ranks and silver and sigils and town control.

Rykai

Wanderer
Evil Jason said:
If you set the short term murders higher your rank goes up.

i took my poor little servant of the shadowlords and gave him 35 short term murders and wham, he was a purveyor of darkness.

I hope that helps.

BS> you just make that up?

and there is NO WAY to use props to change anything related to factions.
to get rank..you need killpoints.. to get kill points you need to kill opposing faction members. This is the only way to alter faction standings(distro that is).

Been searching miles of threads for some legit solid help on the broken up distro factions and cant seem to find anything relevant. I say yet because I am determined to find my own info (IF its even in here anywhere.)
Im searching the entire forums for "Faction system"
Honestly not much real help here. Ill keep on searching and hopefully have the factions fixed and working properly before the next release! lmao i cya all later back to the infinite search!