RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of Questions

Phr3d13

Sorceror
I have a few issues i don't understand, and am seeking help.
1) this is what i use to start runuo
Code:
#!/bin/bash

mono path/to/sa-project-svn/RunUO.exe > path/to/sa-project-svn/console.log 2>&1
tail /path/to/sa-project-svn/console.log
why do i get this in the console log?
Rich (BB code):
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4168.24897
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
2) when running in said debug mode i should get all kinds of extra info like line numbers file names, etc in the console regarding errors and in the crash logs right?
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4168.24897
Operating System: Unix 2.6.35.30
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1433
Time: 6/28/2011 8:10:48 PM
Mobiles: 37285
Items: 279081
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Server.Items.MasterItemStoreKey.FindConsumableEntries (System.Type[] types, System.Int32[] amounts, System.Boolean[]& foundentries) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Items.BaseStoreKey.Consume (Server.Items.Container pack, System.Type[] types, System.Int32[] amounts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Items.BaseStoreKey.Consume (Server.Items.Container pack, System.Type type, Int32 amount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnFired (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnSwing (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Mobile+CombatTimer.OnTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Timer.Slice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
why don't i get that?
and lastly 3) I am connected via ICS to a laptop, which is connected to via wireless to a router, which goes to the internet via cable modem. I have all the ports forwarded correctly i think. Because people from the internet can connect, but people inside the router can only get to the shard selection screen. once they click the arrow they see verifying... Running client 7.0.12.1 which should work with the SA Project fork right?

Jeff

Lord
1. what do you expect to get? I'm assuming you are talking about the "Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727" You get this cause you are running Mono, Mono emulates .Net, so it should pretend it is .Net from all angles.
2. Yes, you should get line numbers, generally they are only shown if the assembly is accompanied by a file with the same name, but the extension is .PDB, since this is Mono, I'm not sure if that is the case.
3. No idea.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
1) i thought it should say running on mono, my bad
2) so if i want more info then run runuo through wine? or do you think there could be some kind of workaround?
3) maybe someone else can shed some light on it

Erucid

Sorceror
I use 2 scripts and crontab. both of these scripts I just dumped in my /bin

runuo.sc
Code:
#/bin/bash
cd /runuo/devel
nohup mono runuo.exe -debug -v >> console.log &

and autostartrunuo.sc
Code:
#/bin/bash
StartUO()
{
/bin/runuo.sc
}

MonoRunning()
{
echo mono appears to be running.
echo so we assume runuo is running.
echo nothing to do. exiting.
exit
}

ps -A | grep mono && MonoRunning
StartUO
chmod 777 /runuo/devel/console.log

Then edit the crontab for the non root user that you use to start mono.
Code:
# m  h  dom mon dow  command
*/5  *  *  *  *    autostartrunuo.sc

the runuo.sc does the bulk of the work it launches mono and pipes the output to console.log in the /devel directory. It also launches with a nohup which means that it continues to run without putting output to the terminal and will continue to run after a log off. (Very handy if you start the server in ssh). autostartrunuo.sc is the command that you actually enter to start the shard. Basically it does some checks to see if mono is up and then calls the runuo.sc. I suppose I could combine the 2 scripts. But this is just working well for me.

The crontab will launch the autostartrunuo.sc script, which checks to see if mono is running and if not, it launches runuo. This is not 100% fool proof as sometimes mono will be running but the shard is dead. It does add a little level of assurance. If your server goes down or shard crashes then mono will launch within 5 minutes and your shard will be back up.

As for 3>
It sounds like a DNS issue probably related to your ServerList.cs. There is a line similar to "public static readonly string Address = "nedimare.game-host.org";" what happens if you nslookup that string address from inside of your network? If you replace that String Address with the internal IP of your server do you connect? You may need to be able to resolve that string from within by adding a static DNS entry or editing your host file. For a linux box that is /etc/host and for windows it is %WINDIR%\Windows\Drivers\etc\hosts. I think. I had this problem too until I registered at dyndns. only $15/year. Are you using dyndns for your external clients?

KHzspeed

Sorceror
yes using the free dyndns service
I too use dyndns free service. never experienced problems with it.

#3) need more info:
how's your ServerList.cs setup?
What make, and model Router are you using?

most of what you've described sounds to be router side.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
belkin F5D7230-4, and yeah, its getting a little old
well after two seconds of googling, I found some information describing that model as being plagued with port issues...lol

here's a few things you could try, "if not done already":
1) set your server's IP to static.
2)In Serverlist.cs, should read your outside IP address "not your DNS".
3)Try another port.. "make sure that port is open on the server".

Phr3d13

Sorceror
so yeah, a new router will be on my wish list. been looking into them anyway because of the age and range. i think the issue i'm having with outside clients being able to connect but not internal clients is stemming from router capability issues. DIR-655 Does this look like a good router/deal?

KHzspeed

Sorceror
heads up about Dlink.
there are two options for Porting, "Virtual Server" and "Port Forwarding".
both do the same thing, and honestly I'm not completely sure why Dlink did this.
anyways.. the "Virtual Server" option's the only method I've found that works... go figure..

as a bonus though, they do have a partnership with dyndns. so you'll be hard-pressed to have any errors there. :p

Added note:
go checkout NewEgg.com, you might find a deal on one.