RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPU Spikes, Lag, Common Problem - Fix ?

Zanne

Wanderer
CPU Spikes, Lag, Common Problem - Fix ?

I've seen quite a few people with this problem, but no solution..

Every few seconds the cpu usage for the client is spiking from 10-20 to 40-50..

It causes the game to lag momentarily and become somewhat jumpy..

It's not a hardware issue, I have a pretty decent system, with an almost brand new video card.. Perhaps a feature or something? I'm not sure..

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT, but I've seen people with various other cards having this same problem..

Anyways..

Is there a fix for this yet?
Is it the client?
Did I do something wrong?
Is there a download? command? anything??

I really like a lot of the features of this client, and this is my only complaint..
A fix or suggestion would be much appreciated

Guitarjohnny

Wanderer
i think the krrios client has a memory leak bug, if you let it run for 15 minutes or more it conquers your whole memory this cant be right.
and these lags you talk about i have too.
hope they will fix it, cause if this damn bug is erased this will be THE client for ultima online.

Zanne

Wanderer
Kviss said:
After changing my geforce fx5600 to the mx440 this problem is gone...

Like I said, not in great detail but still, it may be a feature of the card or something.. something technical blah blah I dont know that much about video cards.. The reason I said that was because in most posts I've seen where people had this problem, they were using a lot of the newer video cards and people would just be jerks and tell them to buy a new card instead of suggesting some kind of fix or idea of what the problem may be.. I shouldn't have to downgrade my card to use this client..

So please, keep the jerkish comments to yourself everyone, I just want a solution or an idea as to what may be wrong..

And yes, Guitarjohnny I too really love this client and all of it's features..
Just the lag spikes get really annoying..

Thanks =D

Zanne

Wanderer
Maybe I'm speaking a different language.. I said

"keep the jerkish comments to yourself everyone"

everyone being the keyword there..
I wasn't directing that comment towards him..
So yeah, sorry if you took that the wrong way, I guess I have a bad way with wording stuff heh..
Just dont want people comming in here telling me to go buy a new video card and that its a hopeless cause to try to fix it.. said that after reading a bunch of other posts where people left jerkish comments :p

I've got 1024 mb PC2700 DDR
Athlon XP 2200+
Windows XP Pro
and yes, I just re-updated my drivers last night in hope that would fix it, but no luck.. =/

Guitarjohnny

Wanderer
i got
athlon xp2400
768 mb ram
ati radeon 9600 pro

various drivers tested - problem stays.
im pretty sure the client got a memory leak, let it run and look at your task manager, the memory usage will raise and raise.

Zanne

Wanderer
we have the same video card.. is everyone else that's having this problem using a radeon 9600 pro? or does anyone know if perhaps theres a feature on this card that doesnt support something? or bleh i dont know anything ;\

Kennyd

Sorceror
Hi I also have a radeon 9600 XT 128MB
Athlon 1700+ , 512MB DDR

Well anyway... I have the same problem.. I can't run the client smoothly not even on the lower resolutions...

edit: and I've tried those drivers that stormwolf said, great drivers, thx btw, but the kryoss client still gets that hmm... well it's like every 3sec the screen freezes for 1sec...
It doesn't go slow or anything
but it has these like I dunno what you call it lol like uhm breaks..

myea

Zanne

Wanderer
weird..

yeah, i just reinstalled my drivers and left them at default settings..
works fine now..
before it was on max performance..

so yeah ... ok.. :D

thanks lol

spooon

Wanderer
I use the DNA drivers for my Radeon 9600. They're somewhat better on performance (not that I can really tell) but WAY better on game compatibility.