RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CrashGuard: Send mail through ISP

lewism

Wanderer
CrashGuard: Send mail through ISP

Crash Guard is setup to send mail through an SMTP service, but it doesn't offer any options if you want to send it with a specific account. I setup the script so that I can send mail with the email account my ISP gave me. Look at the code and search for "SendUsername", "SendPassword". Setup the strings with your own username and password.

Path: %RunUO Directory%\Scripts\Misc\CrashGuard.cs

Attachments

• CrashGuard.zip
    2 KB · Views: 65

FLuXx()

Sorceror
My guess, if not malicious, is a script that sends an email out when server crashes?

Code:
string schema = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/";

What's this do?

Phantom

Knight
defines a schema would be my guess.

But what I don't understand is that the default script supports smtp and emailing of the crash log.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Phantom said:
defines a schema would be my guess.

But what I don't understand is that the default script supports smtp and emailing of the crash log.

"...but it doesn't offer any options if you want to send it with a specific account. "

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Phantom said:
Which would be a 2-3 line fix.

sure, but you said you didn't understand the point of the script. Thats all I was posting. Its up to you to decide if its a pointless script. :D

Phantom

Knight
KillerBeeZ said:
sure, but you said you didn't understand the point of the script. Thats all I was posting. Its up to you to decide if its a pointless script. :D

1) I didn't look at the script so I didn't know he changed the sender part of the default code.

2) Your right I think this small change as a submission is wrong. But this isn't the place to disuss that is it?

lewism

Wanderer
Sorry guys

I a newcommer to RunUO and the community. I am still running around the scripts and setting up a few things and saw room for improvement in this part. I don't have my own mail server, but I do have an email account with my ISP, so I modified the script so that I could send email through an existing email account.

I'll limit my posts to only new and original submissions for now on. This script is in no way intended to be a hack. Just leave username/password blank if you just want to relay through the server. I believe I just sort of jumped the gun in excitement.

Phantom

Knight
lewism said:
I a newcommer to RunUO and the community. I am still running around the scripts and setting up a few things and saw room for improvement in this part. I don't have my own mail server, but I do have an email account with my ISP, so I modified the script so that I could send email through an existing email account.

I'll limit my posts to only new and original submissions for now on. This script is in no way intended to be a hack. Just leave username/password blank if you just want to relay through the server. I believe I just sort of jumped the gun in excitement.

Really this submission is fine.

I just have high hopes for things, so don't even listen to me in this time.

Nagash

Sorceror
I would agree with Phantom. It looks far much better and useful to me than 90%(I'm being optmistic) of the stuff that is submitted here. Most of stuff contains no idea or script skill at all. Just some NPCs with modified hues or statics(just the same with items). With some tweaks this will be very useful for me.

lewism

Wanderer
I don't know abut yahoo and hotmail. They are pretty much web-based. Although outlook did interface with hotmail at one time, but it was a completely different protocal. This is used for ISP accounts. Like ... if my ISP was earthlink, they would normally give me an email address ([email protected]) along with the information to connect to that account and send/retrieve email. I couldn't just send email to www.earthlink.com server ... it requires me to login with an account first. This is done through a specific protocal (smtp)

As far as the tutorial for regular smtp email accounts, just enter your username/password for the contant string variables (if your scripts are safe from prying eyes).

lewism

Wanderer

Frontzwerg

Wanderer
Hi,
I want to send via a specific SMTP Account, too.
How can I activate it?

And especially... Where can i Set Up the Account, Server and Password?

Hammerhand

Knight
Highly doubtful that someone can re-upload it. 08-12-2004 is the date it was put out to begin with. More than likely it wouldnt even come close to working on any of todays servers.

Frontzwerg

Wanderer
Hello,
it was about the functionality, never wrote something with SMTP ;). But now i wrote it on my own...
If somebody is interested in, here is the code:

private static void SendEmail( string filePath )
{
Console.Write("Crash: Sending email...");

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();

mail.Subject = "RunUO Crash Report";
mail.From = "RunUO";
mail.To = Emails;
mail.Body = "RunUO Crash Report at the Attachment";

mail.Attachments.Add(new MailAttachment(filePath));

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = EmailServer;

mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", "1"); //basic authentication
mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername", "username"); //set your username here
mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword", "password"); //set your password here

try
{
SmtpMail.Send(mail);

Console.WriteLine("done");
}
catch
{
Console.WriteLine("failed");
}
}