RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] New Spell Animations

otimpyre

Sorceror
Healing Spells
Beneficial Spells
Harmful Spells
Poison
Cure

I made these testing my animation abilities. I've used them in game and made it where the floating icon pops when it lands on the characters head.

These will require edits to your spell scripts. Depending on what spells you want to use them.
After installing them into you art.mul you will have to make all the ID#s match in the scripts.
And timing of spell effect matching animation might be an issue. Purely made as a novelty.

Attachments

• New Spell Animations.rar
    96.5 KB · Views: 73

otimpyre

Sorceror
this actually looks pretty cool, but im kinda new to the whole scripting thing so i dont think i could figure it out lol

After installing each frame of animation into your art.mul you would edit each spell that you wanted to use the new animation in this part of the code.
This is taken from spells/4th circle/greaterheal.cs
Actually all of my animations were made based around the greater heal animation.

m.FixedParticles( 0x376A, 9, 32, 5030, EffectLayer.Waist );

You would change this part -> 0x376A to the new number-> 0xYour # found on your image in UO Fiddler starting with the first frame of the animation. Also requires edits to tiledata.mul and animdata.mul
I don't recommend overwriting any spell animations in your art.mul with these. The animations are used in many different ways other than just spells. Some are used for fireworks, some teleporters ect. Once again I had these all working however they were made purely as a novelty. As always custom graphic tutorials found via my sig.