RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

Rajaat99

Squire
Ok, I'm doing something wrong. The items appears in game, but does not apply the attributes, nor does the artwork appear on the paperdoll gump. Because the attributes are not applying I think it's a script issue, but I might be wrong.

Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Targeting;

namespace Server.Items
{
    public class Nikes : Shoes
  {

[Constructable]
        public Nikes() : base(0x3FFD)//TileData Item ID
        {

Weight = 1.0;
          Name = "Nikes";
          Hue = 2053;
          Attributes.Luck = 5;
        }

public Nikes( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
        {
        }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
        {
            base.Serialize( writer );
            writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
        }

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
        {
            base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
        }
    }
}

well need some more info
that is the tileid number of the shoes I assume - 0x3ffd
but what is the gump art number? and how what things are set for it in tiledata?

also did you patch art files, gump files and tiledata to your UO dirtectory as well

and did you set up body.def to display them as some other boots (so it appears on the toon as well)

Rajaat99

Squire
Sorry about that, I'm terrible at scripting, so I assumed my problem was there.
Nikes GumpAnim: 0xEC41 AnimID: 0x28F1 Model: 0x1E0 TileData: 0x3FFD
TileData settings: Quality 3, A and Wearable clicked. Animation ID copied from Gumps (anim).
Yes, I patched the UO directory files.
Body.def:
#Begin Customs
10481 {480} 2053 #Nikes

The shoes show up in game. They are correct in the animation and when you put them on the ground or in your pack. They just are not showing up correctly on the paperdoll, instead of the custom art they appear black. Also, the luck is not being applied.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Okay, this is really driving me nuts. Figured doing this would be rather easy since the tutorial is pretty detailed. I've went through every step more then once and tried to do this. Eventually got it some work working in game. I can add the item using the static number. It shows the tiledata correctly, so the item looks like it should on the ground or in a bag. But when I drop the item onto my doll. It switches to use the animation gump that it's supposed to copy.

I have it using the animation of the short pants, but I want it to display differently on the paperdoll...any clue what I did wrong? Pretty sure I follow the directions exactly. Started to read other posts in this thread and it mentions somewhere not to copy existing animation ids...but the tutorial tells you to.

All I need to know is how to get the correct gump animation on the paperdoll. The item looks prefect in game untill you put it on, and it changes into the short pants.

Rajaat99 the problem is you are using an invalid gump slot
Nikes GumpAnim: 0xEC41
is in the 60,000+ and thus female only spots (probably could see it if you made yourself female lol)
it needs to be in the 50,000 to 59.000 area, and i have found best below 53,000

James420
there is gump art with its anim number, then there is animation - 2 different things
1) do not copy the animatuion, as i have explained through this thread a few times, there is no need for it, use body.def instead
2) the anim number (normaly a 3 digit hex number) from the new gump art and needs to be placed in the tiledata
that number if the gump art slot number - 0xC350 0r covert to dec and -50,000 then convert back

Rajaat99

Squire
Lord_Greywolf;850702 said:
Rajaat99 the problem is you are using an invalid gump slot
Nikes GumpAnim: 0xEC41
is in the 60,000+ and thus female only spots (probably could see it if you made yourself female lol)
it needs to be in the 50,000 to 59.000 area, and i have found best below 53,000

Dagnabbit, I thought since it was next to the other shoes gump art that it would work. Thanks again Lord Greywolf, you are awesome.
Just to be clear that is hex 0xC350 to 0xE678?

Rajaat99

Squire
Thank you, I wanted to make sure I was doing the conversion correctly.
However, it is still not working. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Nikes: GumpAnim: 0xC351 AnimID: 0x1 Model: 480 (0x1E0) TileData: 0x3FFD
Body def: 1 {480} 2053 #Nikes
It appears in game, but not on paperdoll and luck does not apply.

ok - I should have probably have saidd to keep it above 51,000 also, just because many many things are reserved by the client in the 1st 1000 spot - mostly body numbers and simular stuff

also what are the other settings you set in tiledata
quality, height, and the things that are "checked"

if it adds in game to see on ground, then script is fine

what is current gump art number and its anim number (should be 50,000 less than gump art number) and in the tile data you have it set to that for the anim number also

Rajaat99

Squire
Nikes GumpAnim: 0xc739 AnimID: 0x3E9 Model: 480 TileData: 0x3FFD
In Tiledata: Weight 2, Height 1, Quality 3, AnimID 0x3E9, Weapon, A, and Wearable clicked.
Body def
#Begin Customs
1001 {480} 2053 #Nikes

The shoe animation shows, but the gump art does not show, the feet turn black, and the luck attribute does not apply.

do you mine posting the gump art pic, something tells me it has to deal with it then
since the regular art shows, shows on the feet on the toon also, just paperdoll messing up

uncertain why the luck is not showing up though, unless you are at a cap of some kind (like 1200 or something like that)

Rajaat99

Squire

not sure why they are showing black, unles it si the hue - 2053 the 1st 3 slots are bure black, but at least the laces should be showing as deep blue

try changing the hue and see if that makes a difference

also make sure you are naked and try them on, if some is on the "last user valid" or also know as "Inner" Legs make footwear disapear and not be seen

Tintamar

Sorceror
lol it's great to see my wifes post is still here on the forums and stickied none the less!!
Thinking about getting back in to UO again. Have to see if it can keep my interest.
Lot of times I feel like making customer artwork again but lifes so busy now days.