RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom race paperdoll gump

Desttro

Traveler
Hello,
please I have question, I want to create custom race system about 10 different races.

I want to change only paperdoll gump of player - body animation in game can be same as 400 (default human).
I know that I need to edit "body.def" and to playermobile method "CanPaperdollBeOpenedBy( Mobile from )" and I added to gumps my paperdoll character skin to free slot, but i cant find any way how to link new body with default human animation and use it. Is there some guide how do it with mulpatcher or uoinside or uofiddler?

Thank you very much.

It's not possible to change the paperdoll as it's called client side, you'll need to use a base layer like shirt or back, then apply your custom paperdoll art there, only draw back is losing that layer, which you'll need to restrict use of with the custom race.

Desttro

Traveler
It's not possible to change the paperdoll as it's called client side, you'll need to use a base layer like shirt or back, then apply your custom paperdoll art there, only draw back is losing that layer, which you'll need to restrict use of with the custom race.

Thank you, and is possible to lock some layer? for example I use cloak layer and is possible to lock it? - player cant remove it?
And you said that this is impossible, but I can see here some script http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/custom-races-pack-with-cusom-paper-dolls-svn-2-0.461426/

This is via layer system?

Thanks.

That race system uses the layer trick as I stated about, you can add code to make sure they can't be removed, if I remember right, movable=false;

Desttro

Traveler
That race system uses the layer trick as I stated about, you can add code to make sure they can't be removed, if I remember right, movable=false;

Ok, thank you! And one more question, is there some mul editor or some else program to edit client for add race gumps to paperdoll? If I want to use this layer system? I found some tutorials but it doest work, when I add item to game, tile of item is unused and when I add it to bag it disappears... I need some mul editor for Windows 8
Thank you very much.

Zagros

Sorceror
Why is this considered not possible? You can block the sending of the paper-doll packets and send your own override.. I do this with a custom skills gump when clicked on the button of the paperdoll my skills gump pops up and not the default one used.

daat99

Staff member
Why is this considered not possible? You can block the sending of the paper-doll packets and send your own override.. I do this with a custom skills gump when clicked on the button of the paperdoll my skills gump pops up and not the default one used.
So basically you don't change the paper-doll gump either... that means impossible (code wise - it's in the client arts).

Sending your own gumps will use a lot more bandwidth than using the already existing gumps in the client side.

Yes, you can send your own gump instead of the paper-doll gump, but you need to decide if it's worth the cost.

Zagros

Sorceror
Very intensive, and very very true.. and yes though you don't change any gumps artwork your remaking the entire gumps which is also a pain in the rear. but not impossible to do and worth it if you decide to go that route.