RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

custom skill gump.

HellRazor

Knight
James420;852054 said:
Have you tried opening it in a hex editor? Might be able to find the value there and change it, would be slightly limited to what you could change it to. But seems it might work.

I've poked around but have been unable to find it. But this would be an awesome challenge for someone skilled in disassembling/reverse engineering! I'd bet there is a way to write a patcher that could find the value even if the client changes.

using HellRazor's code, works and the button displays my skill gump instead of the OSI one

only problem is, it also displays it each time you log in, which i can not understand, since there is nothing calling the skills queary when logging in

ok - found a fix - it is more of a work around, but it works, stops it from popping up on log in, just can not use the skills button for 10 seconds lol
just place this code in your playermobile script and adjust as needed, and your custom skill gump will gome up instead

Code:
		public override void OnSkillsQuery( Mobile from )
		{
			if( from == this )
			{
				if ( (this.m_SessionStart + TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 10.0 )) > DateTime.Now) return;
				from.CloseAllGumps();//optional
				from.SendGump( new SkillsAlphaGump(from) );//replace with your gump
			}
			else base.OnSkillsQuery( from );
		}

Arrrr

Wanderer
ok - found a fix - it is more of a work around, but it works, stops it from popping up on log in, just can not use the skills button for 10 seconds lol
just place this code in your playermobile script and adjust as needed, and your custom skill gump will gome up instead

Code:
 public override void OnSkillsQuery( Mobile from )
{
if( from == this )
{
if ( (this.m_SessionStart + TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 10.0 )) > DateTime.Now) return;
from.CloseAllGumps();//optional
from.SendGump( new SkillsAlphaGump(from) );//replace with your gump
}
else base.OnSkillsQuery( from );
}

It is necessary to set the cooldown to 10 seconds? Also, i believe that the auto pop up is the default behaviour. Am i right?

Arrrr

Wanderer
It is necessary to set the cooldown to 10 seconds? Also, i believe that the auto pop up is the default behaviour. Am i right?
Also, i don't know why i get a null reference expection when login (using a custom gump). Could from be null at this point?