RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CustomPath

Thilgon

Sorceror
Mh your phrasing perplimes me... However, the Datapath.cs is for the server itself to find the installation folder of the client you are using, it's not in the core (the uncompiled .exe) because this way you can change it every time you want without recompiling the core...
What would you use that for, anyway?

MarciXs

Sorceror
Mh your phrasing perplimes me... However, the Datapath.cs is for the server itself to find the installation folder of the client you are using, it's not in the core (the uncompiled .exe) because this way you can change it every time you want without recompiling the core...
What would you use that for, anyway?
uncompiled exe? What are you on about? Where have I ever mentioned it is inside the core?

There's no category where to suggest base script changes which is why I posted them here..
What would be the use? Instead of modifying the DataPath.cs I could simply add my own Initializers.cs inside Custom folder where at the Initialize method I would set it.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Why in the world would you need to change that? It should only be changed before run time, as it effects where it finds the client files (pretty sure it only loads the client files once.) Only reason I can think of for needing it...is if you wanted to save, or view one of the files there. And if that's the case, you should add a public property to that variable...with a get accessor so you don't change it by accident (no clue what the end results would be with changing it in run time.)

Tabain

Sorceror
I think what MarciX wants to do is leave the original RunUO files completely untouched and instead add his own custom files that changes the base behavior of those files, so that there wouldn't be any corrections at all necessary when you upgrade RunUO version. In this case, leave the DataPath the way it is originally so he won't have to correct it every time he updates to latest SVN. Just guessing though and since I use a completely slaughtered version of 2.0 and have no plans on upgrading, I couldn't tell you how useful it may or may not be.

Jeff

Lord
What are you on about? Where have I ever mentioned it is inside the core?
Can it be set to public so that there's no need to do a core script mod?
You did say core...

The reason it is private is because it shouldn't be changed outside this class. Changing it outside of the class makes no sense. Sounds to me like you are trying to be lazy...

You cannot guarentee the order in which Initialize and Configure fire. Because of this, the code in DataPaths may fire before whatever is setting the CustomPath property. Modifying this from the outside is dangerous.

MarciXs

Sorceror
You did say core...

The reason it is private is because it shouldn't be changed outside this class. Changing it outside of the class makes no sense. Sounds to me like you are trying to be lazy...

Yes, core SCRIPT mod.
Lazy? I want to keep up with latest svn without changing every bit of little mod I make.

MarciXs

Sorceror
I think what MarciX wants to do is leave the original RunUO files completely untouched and instead add his own custom files that changes the base behavior of those files, so that there wouldn't be any corrections at all necessary when you upgrade RunUO version. In this case, leave the DataPath the way it is originally so he won't have to correct it every time he updates to latest SVN. Just guessing though and since I use a completely slaughtered version of 2.0 and have no plans on upgrading, I couldn't tell you how useful it may or may not be.
+1

Jeff

Lord
Yes, core SCRIPT mod.
Lazy? I want to keep up with latest svn without changing every bit of little mod I make.
Core scripts are considered the scripts inside the EXE, always have been, always will be. As for changing this, SVN should be smart enough (and svn-merge) to understand that you changed this line, and it will not conflict. You either don't know how to use SVN, or are being lazy. RunUO's source should not be changed to help you with your ignorance.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Core scripts are considered the scripts inside the EXE, always have been, always will be. As for changing this, SVN should be smart enough (and svn-merge) to understand that you changed this line, and it will not conflict. You either don't know how to use SVN, or are being lazy. RunUO's source should not be changed to help you with your ignorance.
may I know how to refer to the Scripts that come in Scripts folder with EXE(...) for future use.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Core scripts refer to the files that make up the RunUO.exe

Meaning anything core will only be found in the Server folder. Pretty simple.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Core scripts refer to the files that make up the RunUO.exe

Meaning anything core will only be found in the Server folder. Pretty simple.
why does everyone keep referring Core as an RunUo.exe? You can very simply build it as an Library, hence .DLL and refer it by another project and just call the Main method... you would most likely have to take out Console parts. There aren't that many.
Still the point, it's an assembly and it doesn't make any freaking difference whether it's exe or dll. The point here is how the hell should I refer to Scripts that are scripts and aren't part of the Core assembly.
How come I've never seen anyone referring to Core which is made up of these classes, and are built into the core as scripts? Those "scripts" are part of the core, aren't they? They are not re-compiled every time you run the shard.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
They are recompiled every time you run the shard. That's why the core is referred to as it's own thing. It's what compiles the DISTRO files that add the game features. The core just contains networking stuff, serialization shit, and base classes for the most part. Anything inside the Scripts folder is compiled separate of the core, it's that simple. Yes you could compile it all together...but you're talking about RunUO, not you're own thing.

MarciXs

Sorceror
So in future I should refer to Core as Core Scripts and Scripts as Distro files.. All I wanted to know..