RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Deer in headlights*

*Deer in headlights*

Howdy all! I am a former computer science major who was just starting to learn C+ about 20 years ago, but left school and never finished. I had heard about free shards and decided I wanted to try to make one. It didn't take me long to realize that languages and code have completely changed and I am basically starting from scratch, but I want to learn so please bear with me. I see now that things are written in c#...might as well be Greek, but that's another thing altogether. But I am ready to jump in with both feet. This Razor thing and the RunUO lingo and SVN and stuff are new to me but I'm trying to figure that stuff out too. Turns out modifying files isn't too bad. Most mistakes are left out brackets or semis...lol. Not knowing the stuff makes searching the forums tough sometimes too because there's so many different answers to the same things. Just please bear with me and feel free to call me noob, idiot, moron or anything else. I figure I'm good for it. Thanks for the rant, and I hope I don't cause too much difficulty.

doaker

Wanderer
well hehe i never finish high school and i been in LD classes all my life i played UO for a while and now i do have ppl on my shard but i never learned any C++ in school its weard i cant spell good and i look at scripts and some i can run with it and some others here help me out( ty to all those who know me)and im uselly a hands on guy but i get by on here make friends and learn maybe better than a class room at times. so most that know me i cant spell do math or alot of others im in that little world of mine and sometime it takes someone that dont know to help others to know lol.