RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting all information from a map, other than the map

Deleting all information from a map, other than the map

Greetings.

I am attempting to create a custom map, but a problem I have run into is that all the spawners, vendors, non-frozen deco, town music, and town guard messages ("you have now entered the protection of the town guards") are all still there.

How do I get rid of all of these? I have searched the forums for a good length of time now and haven't been able to find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Master Ateron

nacrom

Wanderer
easiest way is to go to each map and use the command [wipe

you will get a comfirmation gump asking if this is what you want to do, and tell you how many items you are deleted for each map.

so you do the following say for the Fel map

[self set map 0
[wipe
click yes

then tram would be
[self set map 1
[wipe
click yes

and keep going for maps 2,3,4

hope this helps

Nacrom

Whoa, sweet. Thanks!

In a related question, is there any way to set up custom town settings ( I don't know what else to call it) so monsters can't follow players into my custom towns and so it will display the message "You are now under the protection... etc"?

Malaperth

Wanderer
That message is from the OnEnter method of GuardedRegion I believe so you would have to add a region yourself if it does not currently exist.

nacrom;679050 said:
easiest way is to go to each map and use the command [wipe

you will get a comfirmation gump asking if this is what you want to do, and tell you how many items you are deleted for each map.

so you do the following say for the Fel map

[self set map 0
[wipe
click yes

then tram would be
[self set map 1
[wipe
click yes

and keep going for maps 2,3,4

hope this helps

Nacrom

Well, I just tried your suggestion but all I get when I type [wipe is a bounding box. Don't know why I didn't catch that before, lol. Is there another command that deletes EVERYTHING off the map?

Well, all the frozen stuff isn't a problem; they are deleted when I put my new map in. It's the un-frozen stuff (IE spawners, vendors, occasional deco, etc) that I want to get rid of. It's popping up all over the world and I don't want to spend 800 hours manually [wipe-ing everything. If there isn't a way, then that's fine, I was just hoping there was, lol.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Well, you can do [area delete where Item and then repeat that step and change Item for whatever other object type you need removed, but I would have expected the wipe to do that to anything within the bounding box.

Alright, what I did was use Pandora's Box to travel to one corner of my nap and typed [wipe and selected the corner of the map, then travelled to the other side of the map (once again using Pandora's Box) and completed the bounding box. Everything's gone.

Except not the town messages.

Lord Dio

Sorceror
or you could take more drastic measures and do;

[global delete where item

that will delete every single item in the game.
it will also delete your backpack, so you'd have to add that back.