RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devel SVN updated.

zolo888

Sorceror
Thanks for doing that Nerun.

But.... I am a tad confused (still i hear you say).... I just did my own merge of SVN and my 2.3 server to get the ML Quests and other bits n pieces. Would I be better off using this build from github (the 2.4/5) ???

I am just about to add peerless to my merged working server - should i wait and use this and add peerless to it? Is this teh new standard in RunUo releases? eg is this the official 2.5 Release?

Sorry for the babbling....

Dian

Sorceror
From what I have heard and understood, Mark has been continuing the RunUO development on his own, with his own repository at GitHub. He has finished up a 2.5 version recently. I was also told that ServUO is using Mark's development as well (but will be breaking away on their own soon).

Vorspire is working back and forth between Mark's repo and ServUO, so I would assume for standard RunUO distro following, we will be updating along with Mark for the current and upcoming RunUO versions.

nerun

Sorceror
Thanks for doing that Nerun.

But.... I am a tad confused (still i hear you say).... I just did my own merge of SVN and my 2.3 server to get the ML Quests and other bits n pieces. Would I be better off using this build from github (the 2.4/5) ???

I am just about to add peerless to my merged working server - should i wait and use this and add peerless to it? Is this teh new standard in RunUo releases? eg is this the official 2.5 Release?

Sorry for the babbling....
Mark's Github is not exactly an official release. He released only 2 servers: 2.3.1 and 2.4. Version 2.3.1 is equal 2.3 plus client 7.0.33.1 support, and 2.4 includes all updates from RunUO SVN 985 up to 1079, plus tons of Mark's updates and bugfixes. I recommend version 2.4.

Version 2.5 was not released yet, it' in development, you need to download source from Github. When finished it will be in here: https://github.com/runuo/runuo/releases.

Yes, it's better use 2.4 instead of SVN. Get it here: https://github.com/runuo/runuo/releases.

Vorspire

Knight
As far as I've seen, RunUO doesn't have any official development team members or contributors left for the 'official' Google code repository.
Mark is constantly updating the GitHub repository and I hang out in IRC tossing ideas and potential issues back and forth.
Mark's IRC channel can be found on the FreeNode servers; #runuo - Kraz also pops in from time to time, it would be nice to see more people active there.

chat.freenode.net
#runuo

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with RunUO, it's future is indeterminate and Ryan hasn't said much, if anything, about it all.