RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Developing New Alternate-PK Style Server! Need Staff!

Killroth

Sorceror
I'm currently in the works of developing a brand new version of the popular Alternate-PK.
If anyone is familiar with this server, then you basically know what it's all about.

If not, it's a warrior based team strategy PK server with an emphasis on finding items, killing world bosses, and leveling up to equip those hard to get items.

I have opened this server before but on Sphere. I wanted to create it all again on RunUO and fresh so I'm in the works of pooling all my sphere files over to RunUO and recreating all the spawn points and what not.

This is going to take me some time.

What I'm looking for is a scripter, and a developer, and a web designer that can help me with all of these. Pooling over the scripts will be the hardest part.

I also want to create some intriguing new mechanics that can help new players out better, create a more sustainable economy, develop crafting in a better way, and make PvP more fun for the fanbase.

*There will be financial incentive available to those that help after server is live.

Any further questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks!

Vorspire

Knight
It's nice that so many people honour Alternate-PK, yet so few realise that I was the last official owner of it :p

RIP APK 2002

I still work with some of the original developers too, it was actually APK that made me learn about programming .NET

Squishy had some big plans when APK went from Sphere to RunUO, but at the time, RunUO was new and players instantly hated it because it competed with Sphere, that was the ultimate downfall of APK, shame really.

Nightwind just lost interest, if you remember NollKoll, he's still around working with me on Pandora :p

Killroth

Sorceror
Oh I definitely know who you are.
I played APK for a while when you guys were running it.
Was the best experience I've had in a UO Freeshard.
I was Reptile if any of you remembered.

I'm trying to build a RUNUO version up now.

Had some great ideas for everything.. Just don't have the knowledge to do it all yet.
Basically everything from scratch.

I don't know, I think that there's been so much time between Sphere and RunUO that a RunUO version would be huge about now.

If you ever feel like helping out =] Feel free. Would love to have a PRO on the team!

Vorspire

Knight
I remember you, yes, when I played, I was Blade - the guy with the Fire Mace and the green Angel Armor suit hehe.

Those were the days!

I'm so busy right now, but I'd love to help in future, would be nice to revive APK properly again :)

Vorspire

Knight
Something I found in my APK archives :p

Surprised that people are still around from APK! Too many memories from that server.

Attachments

• untitled5.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 57
still looking im from canada so maybe different time zones i could script have my own personal shard but not public . i been playing uo for 10+ years since zulu hotel days on pol server lol . msg me

Sherwood

Wanderer
Wow. Looooong time no see everyone.
If anyone remembers me I used to be Sherwood(naked green vortex guy) on the good old Alternate-pk shard and Pedro on some of those other APK clones.
Pm me guys, would be nice to keep in touch :)