RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable Cheat-Functions in Razor!?

darky2k2

Wanderer
Disable Cheat-Functions in Razor!?

Well, sorry for opening another thread above the "closed" existing thread (wonder why my message was deleted? well maybe a bit too offending speech :) ).

Ok, Razor got good parts, Razor got bad parts...

Light-Level filtering is cheating to me!
Enlarge the gameplay-windows bigger than the normal client is cheating to me!
Allowing to log in with multiple instances in Use of Razor is cheating so people can login with multiple accounts on one PC and taking advantages from it.

Just a few mentioned...
So who is breaking the neck if razor at least informs the server that its activated this functions!?

another question: why does razor at least act like a cheat-tool, doing everything to remain hidden? if it hasnt some offensive functions it wouldnt has to hde himself like adrenaline for example does, and would get osi-certified what gets much more to the honor of a programmer...

thanks

darkjoy

darky2k2

Wanderer
Id like to have an answer to this... my mentioned points ARE CHEATS in fact! and theres no other way... they must be removed, or at least be noticed to the server.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
darky2k2 said:
Id like to have an answer to this... my mentioned points ARE CHEATS in fact! and theres no other way... they must be removed, or at least be noticed to the server.

Not everyone thinks they care cheats, so they should not be removed.

If you don't like it, don't use Razor.

Zippy was already blackmailed and forced to remove features that should have stayed in. Lets not continue this and remove features that some people might to use.

Light-Level filtering is cheating to me!

Maybe but I think sound filtering is cheating, should we remove that too?

Enlarge the gameplay-windows bigger than the normal client is cheating to me!

EasyUO can do this, third party applications can do this, Razor can do this its not cheating. It does NOT offer you an advantage. Its 2006 in the age of $1000 30" monitor, its time to be able to run it a larger size.

Allowing to log in with multiple instances in Use of Razor is cheating so people can login with multiple accounts on one PC and taking advantages from it.

UO Gateway can do this, and fyi, Razor cannot BYPASS the SERVERS SETTING FOR THIS. If people can do ths on your shard, then its your own fault, for not setting up a system not to allow it.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Your message was deleted because the thread you posted in was over 5 months old. Starting a new thread as you have done is the proper thing to do... However I've already answered these questions, and I'm not doing so again in this thread. (Also others have already answered them in this thread)

One small note: Razor will never allow itself to be "detectable" without giving the Razor user a choice. The reason for this is simple; I have spent thousands of hours on Razor and I will not give others a means to make my work unusable.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Zippy said:
Your message was deleted because the thread you posted in was over 5 months old. Starting a new thread as you have done is the proper thing to do... However I've already answered these questions, and I'm not doing so again in this thread. (Also others have already answered them in this thread)

One small note: Razor will never allow itself to be "detectable" without giving the Razor user a choice. The reason for this is simple; I have spent thousands of hours on Razor and I will not give others a means to make my work unusable.

Zippy, I just have to say "Thank You" you are a great judge if a feature is goes beyond that "line" so to speak. The people that think Razor has "cheat" features are just well not the norm, so please don't change Razor for their sake.

Kamron

Knight
Get OSI-Certified? What the hell does that mean? You can't get OSI certified. OSI owns UO-Assist and UO AutoMap, or at least has incentives in the programs PERSONALLY. Why would they have a 'certification' program when their policy strictly says no 3rd party programs and they already have an assist program certified.

A screenshot program which takes pictures of programs, would be considered a prohibited 3rd party program according to OSI. So forget it, its not worth it to battle over whether Razor is a cheat or not.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
another question: why does razor at least act like a cheat-tool, doing everything to remain hidden? if it hasnt some offensive functions it wouldnt has to hde himself like adrenaline for example does, and would get osi-certified what gets much more to the honor of a programmer...

Yes, Razor is on the same freaking level as a speed hacking tool, right...

Honor of a programmer?

Razor is used by hundreds if not thousands of people, I say thats more impressive them anything.

Eggit

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
Don't use Razor, if you think its cheating.
This counter arguement gets brought up constantly and I wanted to point out that it horribly flawed.
Not using razor is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Many people believe UO would be a much better place without programs like Razor or EUO or UOA, but unfortunately we are all but required to use them to compete, the least we can do is try and keep these programs in check.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Eggit said:
This counter arguement gets brought up constantly and I wanted to point out that it horribly flawed.

Many people believe UO would be a much better place without programs like Razor or EUO or UOA, but unfortunately we are all but required to use them to compete, the least we can do is try and keep these programs in check.

When I played, I had no trouble playing without these tools.

Kamron

Knight
Eggit said:

You are full of yourself and making excuses to use Razor and other tools if you think that.

Eggit

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
When I played, I had no trouble playing without these tools.
Good for you!
Try being competive in PVP without:
use once (any para whore will own you)
razors last/self target (having to constantly reset your targets with UO everytime you heal is a pain)
use item type (try and use potions and bandages without it, your speed will be cut short)
dress/arm (try to switch weapons quickly using the UO client)
fakewords of power (try 5xing with your oponent spamming fake spells)

Now if everyone had these same handicaps it would be fine, but unfortunately toosl liek razor and UOA exist.

WarAngel

Wanderer
So what's your plan? Post stuff like this in every topic about Razor's abilities to annoy Zippy into changing it or something? :lol: Stop whining, Eggit; no one cares.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Could it be possible for Razor to send a packet and let the server know the user is using Razor and possible block certain features?

CEO

Sorceror
DaLaw66 said:
Could it be possible for Razor to send a packet and let the server know the user is using Razor and possible block certain features?

He's already answer this question several times. Even in this thread, which you must have skimmed over and missed.

Zippy said:

Eggit

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
So what's your plan? Post stuff like this in every topic about Razor's abilities to annoy Zippy into changing it or something? :lol: Stop whining, Eggit; no one cares.
Free speech! First amendment and all that jazz. I am allowed to have an opinion ya know...

Sleepy Char

Sorceror
RunUO's not a government organisation, and posting here is a privilidge, not a right.

You have the first amendment right to state whatever opinion you please about Razor, you just don't have the right to do it on these forums.