RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Race/Class System.

The bags are usually stacked inside the chest. try moving them around. Also, you might want to reread the instructions on post #1 on how to create the races/classes/bonus packs. took me awhile to figure it all out.

Fait

Wanderer
nice work at alll

but what do you need all these items for?
i just started to make my own dynamic race-class system and i didn't need to make any item until now
and it will be at least as extensive as yours is

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Fait said:
nice work at alll

i just started to make my own dynamic race-class system and i didn't need to make any item until now

i don't know alot about scripting, but i know that since this didn't do any edits to the player mobile, then the info has to be stored somewhere. That is what all the orbs and bags do....the orbs store the info, and the bags just help sort it all out.

The idea was to have a system with little to no edits from what i understand, but still be extensive

On another note, i still want to know how to change the ammount of primary skills allowed. I have tried changing alot of things, and i always get the array out of range exception....or something like that, don't have it handy right now

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Fait said:
nice work at alll

If you read the script you will see why the items are needed.

Without items, where will you store the information other than player mobile?

But before you go claiming betterment of this system, wait until you have something to compare it too.

chocomog

Wanderer
Problem with race system and faction

Once a character choses a race and class they are no longer able to join faction. a message appears you have already pledged allegiance to another.
has anyone else had this problem?

Disabler

Wanderer
The system looks good... My old shard seems to have used it, I'm installing it now on my new shard... One open question: is there any way to reassign a player a race? I don't want the players to be able to do it, just the admins and/or GMs...

Korin

Wanderer
Also, Is there a way to disable classes? All I want is the race system, but I can't get past the race/class stone because there is no availible class.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Im sorry there currently is no way to disable classes. I can only suggest creating a single class for everyone to use that simply sets the skills to 100 or whatever default value you want them to be.

I was wondering if there was a way to have the skills set by class (the way it is now) but to have the stat caps set by race

the race to me is the determining factor in what the stats caps should be
(dwarf is strong, but not as int as an elf, where the elf is weaker but more int and maybe more dex, etc)

?????

Greystar

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf said:
I was wondering if there was a way to have the skills set by class (the way it is now) but to have the stat caps set by race

the race to me is the determining factor in what the stats caps should be
(dwarf is strong, but not as int as an elf, where the elf is weaker but more int and maybe more dex, etc)

?????

Im not sure if this edits any of the files or not or the playermobile, but the only way for it to set the individualy statcaps ie max str, wis,int would be to change the 125's in SkillCheck.cs to a variable stored in the PlayerMobile so it can then be accessed and changed for use in other scripts. Then you could easily set the max stats based on Race. But thats my 2 cents. at one point I was working on an experience system for UO but after posting my initial Working Sample and extensive testing (also playing Multiple MMOs with level systems) I came to the conclusion that others did that Experience systems are not ment to be in UO, but again to each their own.

I think OSI changed the caps to be based on weather you are an Elf or a Human so they may have done this in RunUO 2.0, I remember reading some stuff on OSI's site about having elves with a MAX dex of 150 and I think humans with a max strength of 150, so I know they atleast change the max cap for individual stats to 150 as opposed to the 125 that it used to be.

otimpyre

Sorceror
This is great

I love this race stone defining your own races and Aesthetics on the fly is great and shapeshifting for stuff like vampires ect is just too cool, But deffining each class is proving to be a pain.

what i am doing for defining each class is setting up an excel table 1st

listing the skills down the left (by catagory) and the classes on top

then i have put in 4 primary for each, 6 2ndary and going in for the 3rd ones now (8 in each)

then will do prohibited

this way it is easy to see and compare and make changes

(by the way - i am also using the custom powerscrolls so it adds +5, etc to the skill cap - so this way they can make a 2ndary into a primary - or even a very basic one into a primary - just takes a lot of scrolls ;) --- makes it so powerscrolls are worth a whole lot more)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Mine

I changed mine a bit
made start with 4 primary at +50
Made secondary at 100 instead of default 80 and gave 5 to choose
and on the last 0
Then made Templates for
Mage 10 primary choice, 5 seconday, and 0
Bard 10 primary choice, 5 seconday, and 0
Necro 10 primary choice, 5 seconday, and 0
Thief 10 primary choice, 5 seconday, and 0
War 10 primary choice, 5 seconday, and 0

This leaves room to make hybrids mage/tamer bard tamer ect.

TIP: Download mannequin script and go to green acres to build your races will let you easily line men up in a row to test your hues. Also Use dyetubs to make a row in front of them of thier hair hues for that race. Then just leave all the stuff their and [get hue from them as you [addrace. Could also use them as a hue back up lol. I had to do my races twice to get familiar with system.

maara

Wanderer
1)
How should I give some items aftre choosing the class??? - i need to make that if somebodey choose for ex. Class Paladin - he will start for example with sword, robe etc....

2)
Is it possible to teleport the player after choosing class without any extra gate??

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Sorry, I have been away for awhile.

I will read some replys when I have a chance after school and try to help out a bit with some questions.

lotikis

Wanderer
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0246: (line 222, column 36) The t
ype or namespace name 'NecromancerSpellbook' could not be found (are you missing
a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0246: (line 933, column 27) The t
ype or namespace name 'NecromancerSpellbook' could not be found (are you missing
a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\Vendors\SBInfo\SBMage.cs: CS0246: (line 80, column 39)
The type or namespace name 'NecromancerSpellbook' could not be found (are you m
issing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\Vendors\SBInfo\SBVarietyDealer.cs: CS0246: (line 75, c
olumn 39) The type or namespace name 'NecromancerSpellbook' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

i get this Error every time....

Amadeo

Wanderer
used clear server version >>>

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Modified\BaseArmor.cs: CS0101: (line 12, column 24) The namesp
ace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BaseArmor'
- Error: Scripts\Modified\BaseWeapon.cs: CS0101: (line 14, column 24) The names
pace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BaseWeapon'
- Error: Scripts\Modified\BaseWeapon.cs: CS0101: (line 3038, column 14) The nam
espace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'CheckSlayerResult'
- Error: Scripts\Modified\SkillCheck.cs: CS0101: (line 8, column 15) The namesp
ace 'Server.Misc' already contains a definition for 'SkillCheck'
- Error: Scripts\Modified\Spellbook.cs: CS0101: (line 11, column 14) The namesp
ace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'SpellbookType'
- Error: Scripts\Modified\Spellbook.cs: CS0101: (line 21, column 15) The namesp
ace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Spellbook'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

AasanDar

Wanderer
Hello. I would very much like to use this script-pack, but unfortunately, I don't know C#. So, while I can install scripts, I'm unable to modify pre-existing scripts without clear directions (ie: line 248 - replace this with that). What I'm getting at is I want to use your script-pack but I need a custom logs/ore/etc script-pack too. Do you know of one that works fine with yours without editing? Or if it needs edits are they documented?

Thank you, I'm sorry if this sounds dumb =/