RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edited Core, Using it..

Marcus247

Wanderer
Edited Core, Using it..

Ok i made some edits to the source of runuo2 now how do i make it work with the server i have, where to i put these files... please help.. i already know all the risks envolved ect. just tell me

Khaz

Knight
You will have to recompile the core into an executable. The method of doing this varies on your compiler or IDE, so without that information, more help is hard to come by.

Khaz

Knight
That's what I recommend.
Next, I also advise that you download Eggman's project tool.
If you do so, extract it to the same directory as your core source files and run the executable. Select the second option, "Visual Studio .NET 2003," and also hit the radio button for Core. After that, simply press the Create button at the bottom.

This will automatically create a VS project file with the core files. Open the newly created file in Visual Studio. You should be prompted to update the project to the new version of Visual Studio, so go ahead and do that.

When all that is done, press Ctrl+Alt+L to open the Solution Explorer pane. At the top will be the name of your solution. Right-click it and go to Properties. Ensure that both the "Assembly name" and "Default namespace" values are set to "Server." If you so choose, you can also select the icon here, which should have been included with the source file download.

After this, simply go to Build | Build Solution, or press F6, to compile the solution. Your new executable is located, by default, in the project directory /bin/Release.

Marcus247

Wanderer
** using my own compiler ** (Sharp Develop) The server crashes every time I try and logon, I even tested this without changing anything from the core. Just using my own compiler with the source of RunUO 2. I get this Crash:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2475.2694
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 10/11/2006 2:32:46 AM
Mobiles: 598
Items: 44412
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ **.***.***.***: (account = *****)

Exception:
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Server.Network.PacketWriter.Write(SByte value)
at Server.Network.AccountLoginAck..ctor(ServerInfo[] info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin_ReplyAck(NetState state)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

What might I be doing wrong?

noobie

Wanderer
there should be /ckecked- in the compiler options. most compilers set the option /checked+ by default.

Keo95

Wanderer
Khaz;587882 said:
That's what I recommend.
Next, I also advise that you download Eggman's project tool.
If you do so, extract it to the same directory as your core source files and run the executable. Select the second option, "Visual Studio .NET 2003," and also hit the radio button for Core. After that, simply press the Create button at the bottom.

This will automatically create a VS project file with the core files. Open the newly created file in Visual Studio. You should be prompted to update the project to the new version of Visual Studio, so go ahead and do that.

When all that is done, press Ctrl+Alt+L to open the Solution Explorer pane. At the top will be the name of your solution. Right-click it and go to Properties. Ensure that both the "Assembly name" and "Default namespace" values are set to "Server." If you so choose, you can also select the icon here, which should have been included with the source file download.

After this, simply go to Build | Build Solution, or press F6, to compile the solution. Your new executable is located, by default, in the project directory /bin/Release.

i Tried like you said but every time i obtaine four files, wich one is server.svshost.exe , and other part of the project....never found an only executable file, that can be the exe of run uo ..

Where did i make mistakes? cause i had to modifiy the core (i'm running on vista...so) but if i can't recompilate it...that doesn't sound good ^^

ps: please excuse me for english mistake, but i have to say that i'm belgian ;)